GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/8/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Lol @ Risto's celebration.

Big goal, fourth game in a row with forty shots but snaps a 0-1-2 drought and we blew four leads. And now in a playoff spot almost....which is absolutely insane I think it’s been 7 years since we were in one at any time of he season. LOL

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Even IF Anderson initiated contact, it wasn’t enough to cause Carrier to fall on top of him, and was done while trying to make a play.

Leagues officiating is a joke.

Exactly. If they thought Anderson tripped Carrier why didn’t they call the trip? Because that’s a BS excuse.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Doesn't matter what the shots on goal are, goalie interference is goalie interference. The refs can't just let one go because one team is leading in shots. That's just dumb.
There's a difference with a dumb call, something that happens at least once a night, and clear and convincing evidence that Vegas' presence in the NHL is propogating corruption in the name of influencing sports betting.

My point with the shot totals is this could have very easily been a Vegas win without the bad goal call. Anderson kept it close with great goaltending, but I think you have to face the reality that Ottawa's defense is letting them down, and if Anderson wasn't bailing them out tonight, Vegas could have won handily. And so it strikes me as annoying that the line between an Ottawa win and utter sporting corruption causing their loss is one bad goal call. It happens to every team, and you certainly have the justification to be upset, but coming in and making baseless allegations on a tin foil conspiracy theory is what set me off.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Big goal, fourth game in a row with forty shots but snaps a 0-1-2 drought and we blew four leads. And now in a playoff spot passing the habs technically. So big goal. Lol
Wasn't laughing at the circumstances, I liked the celebration. We need more of that in this league.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
There's a difference with a dumb call, something that happens at least once a night, and clear and convincing evidence that Vegas' presence in the NHL is propogating corruption in the name of influencing sports betting.

Did I ever suggest that?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Jeff Skinner didn’t score a goal the first 4 games of the season. He has 11 in the 12 games since then. Moved to play with Eichel the last 9 where he’s been ridiculous.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Rooting against Leafs...isn't...rooting against our own interest though. So the term irony does not make sense at all.

Not like most Islanders fans even liked the Leafs before they signed JT anyway.

Remember how Leafs fans were mad at Stamkos for not signing with a team he NEVER WAS ON to begin with? Right. Leafs fans have no right telling anyone to get over it.
I don't know a single Leaf fan that was mad for Stamkos signing in Tampa Bay

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
A lot of sloppiness in that Sabres - Canadians match. Odd man rushes, lost puck battles in the D zones by both clubs.
On a positive, both teams appear to have some fire power offensively, but the Sabres D has done a literal 180 and are now looking somewhat engaged and actually dangerous in the O zone this season.
Makes for interesting season in the Atlantic. Over all, good game, to bad for Price, but that Risto Celly was down right sick, and hilarious :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino