GDT: HFBoards GDT: 11/6/2023 | Only 4 games today

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Draisaitl skips media availability :laugh:

beetlejuice-just-hanging-around.gif
He's a whiny pissbaby. Getting exposed as a powerplay merchant who can't do shit without daddy Connor feeding him tap-ins.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Thats the definition of insanity. I mean it probably has to happen just because of the mental state of the team. But it has to be painfully obvious to Oiler management that the core is rotten.

The question is what do they even do to fix it at this point? Nobody is touching Campbell or Nurse's contracts without max retention and/or incentives. Trading any of the bigger names would be selling them all at a lose. And I don't think their prospect pool is anything special.

They're just kinda stuck in the hole Holland has made for them.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Thats the definition of insanity. I mean it probably has to happen just because of the mental state of the team. But it has to be painfully obvious to Oiler management that the core is rotten.

I think there is certainly enough talent there for the team to be much better than 2-8-1(?).

They look out of control and horribly mismanaged. I think that is attributable to coaching.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
And it has to be painfully obvious to Oilers' ownership that the Oiler management and coaching is similarly rotten.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
That would make what, 6 coaches for McDavid? When do you say its not the coach but the players?

Maybe, it's a tough situation. I think big changes are needed there.

I often think about the line Dale Tallon used when he traded Vincent Trocheck to the Carolina Hurricanes. The Panthers were not playing well and it was obvious there were issues with the leadership of the team. Tallon said "Sometimes you have to shoot one of the hostages."

Obviously a pretty grim metaphor to use, but something to consider. IMO, he was right.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Maybe, it's a tough situation. I think big changes are needed there.

I often think about the line Dale Tallon used when he traded Vincent Trocheck to the Carolina Hurricanes. The Panthers were not playing well and it was obvious there were issues with the leadership of the team. Tallon said "Sometimes you have to shoot one of the hostages."

Obviously a pretty grim metaphor to use, but something to consider. IMO, he was right.

Maybe un-circle the wagons and move camp.

s2BlPE.gif

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
It’s hilarious to listen to national and Edmonton living in denial.

Cassie Campbell “The Oilers played great, this loss doesn’t mean anything”

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Oiler fans still trying to say the Vancouver is all Demko and the defence is terrible, I think there is some projecting going on... Vancouver's defence is vastly superior to theres
They came out aggressively the first 10 minute, at one point the SOG was 19-2 and 1-0 EDM

But the moment they let in the first goal, it was over. The meltdown was so obvious, Demko’s brain fart moment gave them some life but wasn’t enough, the shots were quickly equalized.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Watching this over and over and seeing McDavid scurry away like a little rat after Hyman jumps in still makes me laugh

Reactions: vcanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad