GDT: HFBoards GDT: 11//27/2023 | 6 games today

Status
Not open for further replies.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I like it. SHould stay 4 on 4 and if they have to then 3 on 3 and then a tie. Shootouts are complete garbage. I would feel good about my team if the game ended in a hard fought tie

I would be good with 5 min 4 on 4 then 5 min 3 on 3, then a tie. But they would need to fix 3 on 3 so its not just retreating into your own zone then setting up again, it's boring.

Reactions: robertocarlos

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
For much of the season they’ve gotten a better than expected goaltending performance. If Hill didn’t maintain a high level of play they’d be at .500. The lack of depth is killing them.
I wouldn't say lack of depth per say.... I would say it's a lack of anyone but the goalies and Karlsson executing at not even a high level, and ok level would probably suffice. But we largely have played lazy weak hockey this past 7 games. This was probably our best game.... as sad as it is to say, but Vlad was outstanding and we were outstanding at not getting enough to the net.

Stephenson needs to be scratched, right now especially it where the puck goes to die.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Vegas had a breakaway and many other grade AAA chances lol. Vladar stopped them from a few goals easily. I watched it. Vegas didn't just go into some shell. They has many chances. I give Vladar kudos in this game. CGY had chances too, but VEG takes this without Vladar playing huge

Agree that Vladar deserves kudos.

Cassidy did this same crap much of last regular season, it's not a full-blow turtle, but more trying to control possession and play and with scoring just an afterthought. Yeah, they are still getting good chances, but its the same control stuff which slows down their offensive game. It's good for the playoffs when being able to do that really matters, but it totally painful to watch in the regular season. Same as last season which had a lot of painful low-scoring games just like this.

Reactions: hangman005

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I wouldn't say lack of depth per say.... I would say it's a lack of anyone but the goalies and Karlsson executing at not even a high level, and ok level would probably suffice. But we largely have played lazy weak hockey this past 7 games. This was probably our best game.... as sad as it is to say, but Vlad was outstanding and we were outstanding at not getting enough to the net.

Stephenson needs to be scratched, right now especially it where the puck goes to die.
Well that’s the whole point of depth. When your top guys are struggling it’s imperative for someone else to step up. Barb doesn’t bring much offensively and the young kids just aren’t good. Couple that with little from the blue line and it’s not surprising they’re struggling to score.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

Certainly not doing himself any favors on his next deal. Not sure he's taken a shot since the parade.

Reactions: hangman005
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad