GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/23/19 - 14 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Kassian should have a hat trick tonight. Those three chances resulted in zero goals and one shot on net.

Those would be another 3 assists for McDavid too. He's having a night.
Eh Fleury has been really damn good this year. You expect him to make 4 or 5 huge saves every night and he certainly did today. Most other goalies you're probably looking at a 5 point night for McDavid.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not really, the Leafs took a 3 goal lead (should have been 4 goals, Andersen's first was weak) in the first. The Avs got a few PP's after that, buried one making it 4-2. Then had a bunch of pressure with the empty net. The Leafs were winning virtually the entire game. I don't think the Leafs play that way if they didn't have a 3 goal lead and felt they basically won the game after the first... which they did. It's called score effects, the Avs looked impressive because they pinched the entire came to play catch up. Let's give credit to their goalie, he stopped a few Leafs breakaway and that 2-0 with Tavares and Mikheyev.
I don't disagree with that that at all, but Avs had momentum and if they had an extra five minutes they would've probably tied it. Plus Avs had liked four shots off the post, at least two by Kadri. If you think Avs were only in it simply because of Francouz, that is quite a strange opinion. Did he make a couple of big time saves? Absolutely, but lets not discredit Andersen either and he made some important stops too. Avs were the better team for pretty much the entire game except a 15 minute segment. But it was a hella entertaining game though, both teams can skate and that's with Landeskog, Rantanen, and Marner all out.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Eh Fleury has been really damn good this year. You expect him to make 4 or 5 huge saves every night and he certainly did today. Most other goalies you're probably looking at a 5 point night for McDavid.

Easily, he also hit a post too.

McDrai line owned Vegas all night.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Islanders extend their pts streak to 17 straight games. Now it’s to be seen if it’ll be 16-0-1 or 15-0-2. Either way, they’re on a helluva run.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I don't disagree with that that at all, but Avs had momentum and if they had an extra five minutes they would've probably tied it. Plus Avs had liked four shots off the post, at least two by Kadri. If you think Avs were only in it simply because of Francouz, that is quite a strange opinion. Did he make a couple of big time saves? Absolutely, but lets not discredit Andersen either and he made some important stops too. Avs were the better team for pretty much the entire game except a 15 minute segment. But it was a hella entertaining game though, both teams can skate and that's with Landeskog, Rantanen, and Marner all out.

That's because you're looking at the game subjectively. You think of all the times the Avs were close to scoring and ignore all the times the Leafs were also. If you look at the stats:

Toronto Maple Leafs @ Colorado Avalanche, 2019-11-23

The Leafs had a higher expected goals outcome in every scenerio. They dominated 5 on 5 also. Even with the empty net and uneven PP's and not accounting for score effects, the Leafs still had a higher expected goals for.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I keep saying they should increase the size of the goals, as the goalies- and their equipment in particular- has grown since the goalsize was chosen, but that seems to be just me.
nah that would work too but goalies are the biggest complainers in the world and it doesnt matter what you do they will complain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad