GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/11/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Garbage reffing. How we didn’t receive a single power play in this game is beyond me. I counted about 3 in the last minute.

Didn’t know the Sharks could slap the puck out of the rink and get away with it.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Horrid officiating. Just beyond words lol. Sharks probably would have won anyways because they were the better team but I would liked at least a fair chance. Dismal.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Kind of surprised they didn't give it to them, Flames didn't have a PP all game. There is zero way any team in the NHL plays a clean game.
30 seconds before Pavelski slashes the stick right out of Hamonics hands.

But the Sharks played a clean game

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
30 seconds before Pavelski slashes the stick right out of Hamonics hands.

But the Sharks played a clean game
There was 3 or 4 different things they could have called. Like I said if you are a Ref and end the game with one team having no PP's you probably did a piss poor job.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Ha ha...Stupid Flames....nice win Sharks!!! At least Neal is still racking up the points....4 points in 18 games...not to shabby!!!

Last edited:

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Ha ha...Stupid Flames....nice win Sharks!!! At least Neal is still racking up the points....4 points in 18 games...not to shabby!!!
You still have it I see.

0000743_nyform-trolls-45-tall-little-troll-boy_300.jpeg

You have lots of nerve with that train wreck of a team you have in Edmonton

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
Gotta say if there is a place replay could be used that call is probably one.

I'm not one for expanding video review, but look at the facts objectively. Offside is a simple infraction that results in a face-off outside the neutral zone, while shooting the puck over the glass results in a two-minute penalty. The NHL only allows coaches to review offside calls that result in goals, yet an incorrect delay of game call such as the one last night resulted in a goal and the refs can't look at it.

Nothing is more frustrating than watching four officials huddled together for what seems like hours trying to piece together what happened when a quick review in Toronto would take almost as much time. I can understand not wanting to review holding calls in the first period of a tie game, but in this case an obvious wrong call cost a team a game. That shouldn't be acceptable.

I'd be comfortable giving teams one challenge, but they could challenge anything they want. High sticks, trips, anything that can be reviewed. If you are found to be right you keep the challenge. You don't even need the delay of game penalty, just make the assumption that there will likely be two reviews and integrate them into the TV timeout system.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Highlight of the night:

Zadorov pushes McDavid far and wide, negating a dangerous chance and making him pass to no one, play by play team goes bonkers and continues to praise McDavid for a glorious scoring chance he created. I get catering to your target audience, but there's no reason to go full Pejorative Slur.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I know the word but hardly ever see someone asking about that.

He gets minutes when he plays well, but too many times his ice time gets lower from start to end. He can't score on 5v5 because he is just out of time all the time and seems like he is always in a hurry with the puck.

It's not rare that in the end minutes he gets 0 minutes
Right on. My fault for assuming anything there.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Highlight of the night:

Zadorov pushes McDavid far and wide, negating a dangerous chance and making him pass to no one, play by play team goes bonkers and continues to praise McDavid for a glorious scoring chance he created. I get catering to your target audience, but there's no reason to go full ******.
The rose colored glasses forced on the media in Edmonton is beyond ridiculous, I can't even listen to their radio guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad