GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/27/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Goal overturned for a possible offside by inches. What a joke. Way too close to call, just awful. Should not be able to overturn goals on offsides.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
The league needs to learn which battles to pick. Offside calls are not one of those battles that should be fought. If you're gonna fight anything, go after icings before offsides.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The league needs to learn which battles to pick. Offside calls are not one of those battles that should be fought. If you're gonna fight anything, go after icings before offsides.

BJd39SX.png

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Goal overturned for a possible offside by inches. What a joke. Way too close to call, just awful. Should not be able to overturn goals on offsides.

Lol no. I'll tell you what I've officiated very high levels of hockey and what pisses coaches off the most is miscalled offside and icings. Penalties they can live with as it's not black and white.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Lol no. I'll tell you what I've officiated very high levels of hockey and what pisses coaches off the most is miscalled offside and icings. Penalties they can live with as it's not black and white.

Nobody would even notice a missed offsides on a play that close. We would never even think twice about that play until this rule was put in.

Its a hail mary by the challenging team to get that one overturned.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I don't mind offside reviews but it does not need to take that damn long. If it takes over 5 minutes to make a decision then it's obviously not some blatant missed call which is what the whole rule is designed to prevent

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey

Then make offside not a black and white rule.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
The rule that needs to change is that " both skates need to be on the ice before crossing the blueline" I think that is stupid.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I don't mind offside reviews but it does not need to take that damn long. If it takes over 5 minutes to make a decision then it's obviously not some blatant missed call which is what the whole rule is designed to prevent

IMO, offside should be a strictly judgment call by the linesmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad