Aug 28, 2011
100% agree with the broadcast

Edmonton should seriously consider waiving Brown

I'd absolutely do it
775K is PTO money

he's been outscored 4 to 0 while on the ice
pointless
demoted to the 4th line
Oh absolutely. I'm not an Oilers fan but the this is such an obvious straight forward move to make.

Has had a respectable career but he's completely done now.

Reactions: Breakers

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
You're right.

I can see the NHL's advertisements now:

The 31st place team, coming off 2 losses in a row and shutout 3-0 in their last game against the 29th place team, coming off 4 losses in a row and shutout 3-0 in their last game meet off in -15 weather.

One team must score. One team must win.

Find out who for the low price of $300!

"This Sunday, find out which team's fans will do a jersey toss!"

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Was hoping the oilers would have played the Rangers a lot harder so they wouldn't have as much energy for Saturdays game against my Canucks. Rangers have had it on cruise control.
From what I've seen so far (not a ton, but some), the Canucks are a number of rungs up the ladder from the current Oilers. Saturday should be a good game.

Reactions: logan5

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
And another one.....I am doomed to forever live in poverty

1698379438202.png

Last edited:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
100% agree with the broadcast

Edmonton should seriously consider waiving Brown
stop being Mr Nice guy, and do what is the smart decision and not keeping him cause he is friends with McDavid

I'd absolutely do it
775K is PTO money

he's been outscored 4 to 0 while on the ice
pointless
demoted to the 4th line

I have a feeling McDavid will not be happy about this, but he shouldn't have hard feelings since this is a business. This isn't junior anymore, McDavid is bound for the HOF while Brown is just a guy.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I have a feeling McDavid will not be happy about this, but he shouldn't have hard feelings since this is a business. This isn't junior anymore, McDavid is bound for the HOF while Brown is just a guy.

Brown right now is the epitome of JAG (just another guy)

im not having a a JAG cost me $3.4 million in dead cap weight while playing for somebody else.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Responsibility is good. Just waiting to see something in the way of offensive contribution. Can't just do without that. Maybe it comes just a bit
hit a post tonight. could have had an assist depending on which way the coin landed at nhl headquarters. got into good positions to score a couple more times too. much more active and dangerous tonight then ive seen him in other games.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Sharks have just 8 goals in 7 games. Anyone know what the record is for fewest goals to start a season?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I remember when Leafs fans were confident that he was going to become a top 6 forward

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
they allow kicking the puck all over the ice. its even allowed around the crease as long as u get a stick to it before it goes in.
This is a good point. You have to wonder if the NHL will finally revisit the kicking motion rule so at least there's clear guidelines when a play is under review. However, knowing the NHL, they will probably f*** it up.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
hit a post tonight. could have had an assist depending on which way the coin landed at nhl headquarters. got into good positions to score a couple more times too. much more active and dangerous tonight then ive seen him in other games.
You make good points. It's just a different role from what he was with the Jets, he was dominant so often and very strong on the puck (even though understandably in a decline). Maybe he's starting to find his way to be more dangerous .

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
You make good points. It's just a different role from what he was with the Jets, he was dominant so often and very strong on the puck. Maybe he's starting to find his way to be more dangerous .
yeah hes a complementary player here and obviously isnt the ridiculous skater he was when he was younger. old players sometimes need time to get up to speed early in a season. i doubt he was going balls out in training camp and preseason to get in top game shape. its a long season.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
… and Nurse just drops the F bomb on a live post game interview with Sportsnet. (Insert facepalm here)

Most emotion I’ve seen from him in a while… and I’m not a Nurse hater like much of our fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad