GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/24/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Not really looking forward to this one, as no matter who wins there will be people in here putting the boots to the losing team nonstop. Some fans on both the Leafs and the Jets try to say there's no rivalry, but the jabs come extra sharp when we play each other. Bleh.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Even though i'm a Leaf fan i can easily see T.B vs Colorado being the game of the night. :nod:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Big game today. Much excite.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Flair Hay

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Is there a historical element to the leafs game tonight. It’s bring telecast by both national networks, Jeff Marek said 31 thoughts was going to be delayed because of this game this week, and I guess it could be a playoff preview. Is this more then just a Wednesday Night game?

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
So we're all in agreement that a Laine hatrick against the Leafs tonight is inevitable, right? Haven't had many Matthews/Laine combo threads in a bit, and that just seems like the Leafiest way to have things go.
I think Matthews feasts on the jets tonight. 4 goals. Tavares nets two. They improve on the 7-2 pasting last year with a 7-0 one this year.

Reactions: Critical91

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Jets are one of the 4 teams in the league that I'm afraid of. Hopefully the buds come out on top

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Not really looking forward to this one, as no matter who wins there will be people in here putting the boots to the losing team nonstop. Some fans on both the Leafs and the Jets try to say there's no rivalry, but the jabs come extra sharp when we play each other. Bleh.

Thats just a Canadian hockey fan thing more than a Leafs/Jets thing. Its the same way with each of the other Canadian fanbases too, not any more viscous when we face the Jets than when we face the Habs or Oilers ect.

Is there a historical element to the leafs game tonight. It’s bring telecast by both national networks, Jeff Marek said 31 thoughts was going to be delayed because of this game this week, and I guess it could be a playoff preview. Is this more then just a Wednesday Night game?

Nope, its just a Wednesday. On the Canadian side it being a national game means there will be a shit ton more hot-takes, trolling and arguing later on.

Other than that it's just a regular game.

Reactions: WPGNYRFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad