GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/21/19 - 4 Games Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Refs all have their own rules. Look at McDavids breakaway in OT yesterday. 100% penalty or penalty shot.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Foligno is right in this post game interview. It was a sloppy game for both teams.

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
And here we have the 5th episode of the year of "The NHL's conspiracy against the Toronto Maple Leafs"

Stay tuned for more new episodes after every Leafs loss this season.

Nobody has stated that but the refs need to be held accountable at some point.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Someone quoted something like 17 penalties against, 3 for. That's wild. I know people think we're overreacting but getting almost 5 calls against and less than 1 for per game over a two week stretch is nauseating. That's 9+ minutes we're shorthanded difference, 1/6th of each game.

Foligno is right in this post game interview. It was a sloppy game for both teams.

Bruins must be salivating....tired, frustrated Leaf team playing their AHL calibre backup goalie on a Tuesday night. Could be a blowout.

Brewin8

Jul 17, 2008
British Columbia
For anyone who thinks that Leafs fans are just whining about the refs and that we don't actually have a legitimate point: in the last 3 games, Toronto has been shorthanded 14 times, while receiving only 3 powerplays.
Is it not possible that’s the Leafs are a bit undisciplined and deserve the lopsided penalty count? It’s not as if it’s the same refs game to game..just an observation..

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Babcock should have a stack of 50's on the bench with him. Throw a couple at Marner before a big shift to motivate him to skate.
tenor.gif

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Matthews staying out for a 2 minute shift when he could have changed didn't help the Leafs in transition
All three leaf players were exhausted in the final sequence. They were on for too long but there wasn’t really a clear chance to change for the last 30 seconds of their shift.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Is it not possible that’s the Leafs are a bit undisciplined and deserve the lopsided penalty count? It’s not as if it’s the same refs game to game..just an observation..

Honestly, they just need to dive and embellish more like other teams. I see if every night, and it couldn't be more clear.

The game is so fast that refs are calling penalties on the reaction not the infraction.

We gotta start snapping our heads back and pulling up everytime a stick touches us. If something touches your feet, go down. Bust out the Seth Curry reactions and start getting calls.

We all hate that reality but it's true in every league, NHL more so than most because of the complexity and speed.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Honestly, they just need to dive and embellish more like other teams. I see if every night, and it couldn't be more clear.

The game is so fast that refs are calling penalties on the reaction not the infraction.

We gotta start snapping our heads back and pulling up everytime a stick touches us. If something touches your feet, go down. Bust out the Seth Curry reactions and start getting calls.

We all hate that reality but it's true in every league, NHL more so than most because of the complexity and speed.

The Leafs are playing undisciplined.

They even blew a PP by roughing Backes after their own goalie sold a penalty (speaking of embellishment).

A number of careless trips against the Leafs. Those will be called.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Babcock should have a stack of 50's on the bench with him. Throw a couple at Marner before a big shift to motivate him to skate.

Don't think he had a great day, lost someone he's known and been supportive of since juniors. Pretty sure he was motivated tonight.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Babcock is way too chicken **** to call out the refs

He’s right, though. At the end of the day you have to still hold yourself accountable if you put yourself in a position that makes you take penalties.

I’m not pleased with the reffing tonight. I felt like Columbus got themselves a weak call, and got away with a couple of infractions late in the game, but you can only control yourself. It’s hard to feel reasonable after the last couple of games, but I’m just going to hope it’s a mix of coincidence, mediocre reffing, and undisciplined play, rather than a conspiracy.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019

They even blew a PP by roughing Backes after their own goalie sold a penalty (speaking of embellishment).

you mean when Backes cross checked Andersen and made no attempt whatsoever to move out of the way? Even Jack Edwards admitted Toronto should have been on the PP

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
He’s right, though. At the end of the day you have to still hold yourself accountable if you put yourself in a position that makes you take penalties.

I’m not pleased with the reffing tonight. I felt like Columbus got themselves a weak call, and got away with a couple of infractions late in the game, but you can only control yourself. It’s hard to feel reasonable after the last couple of games, but I’m just going to hope it’s a mix of coincidence, mediocre reffing, and undisciplined play, rather than a conspiracy.

This is nothing new tho. This has been going on since last year. I guess their style of play isn't meant to draw penalties

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
you mean when Backes cross checked Andersen and made no attempt whatsoever to move out of the way? Even Jack Edwards admitted Toronto should have been on the PP

Yep. When Andersen went down as though shot so a defenseman thought he had to retaliate, nullifying a PP.

Toronto is playing undisciplined. Simple as that.

Reactions: Brewin8

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

What about the non calls the other way? Multiple trips, Gautheir body slammed in the slot before he can get to the next, Atkinson holding Marincin's stick on the 2nd goal stopping him from using it against the puck carrier.

Call penalties against us, I can live with that. But call them both ways. On the tying goal, Milano lost an edge and fell and the camera feed shows even he was surprised it got called.

5-0 impacts the game. 4-2, or 5-3 I can live with. But we played 10 minutes almost short handed of a 60 minute game, and there is no way 5-0 actually reflects the infractions.

I get that you enjoy prodding us and getting a rise but you would be saying the same thing if on our end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad