GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/21/19 - 4 Games Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Is it not possible that’s the Leafs are a bit undisciplined and deserve the lopsided penalty count? It’s not as if it’s the same refs game to game..just an observation..

My primary issue isn't even with the penalties that have been called against the Leafs, but rather with the things that have not been called against our opponents. The refs have been calling penalties on the Leafs for infractions that get overlooked and ignored when they're committed by players on the other team. The refs have not been calling the game the same for both teams.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Mike Babcock on explanation he got for OT penalty shot: "It was hooking. You put your stick on the guy's hands, you go to the box. When you go to the box that many times [in a game]...after a while, it's nobody else. Own it, and get on with it."

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
The Leafs are playing undisciplined.

They even blew a PP by roughing Backes after their own goalie sold a penalty (speaking of embellishment).

A number of careless trips against the Leafs. Those will be called.

You mean the one where Backes crossed checked Andersen up high and he hit the crossbar with his head? I mean shit, I know you have some vendetta against the Leafs, but at least try to be unbiased.

And hell, it we did nothing we get called softed. Sorry kid, you cant play both sides of the same coin. Even more so since you defend a dirtbag like Marchand on a regular basis.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Blue completely smothered the Avs tonight. Shots were 25-18, just that kind of game. Avs have had a tough road trip and looked gassed, but they need to do more dirty-throw-the-puck-on-net-for-tips kind of plays in games like this that will likely be what the playoffs will look like.

Reactions: Devonator

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
A bit more complicated than that.

"The first official game sheet cited Marner for “coverage of puck in the crease.” Leafs coach Mike Babcock was told it was hooking, though, and a second sheet reflected that even though Marner did also appear to cover the puck with his glove in front of goalie Frederik Andersen."

I don't know how you have different versions of the game sheet. Maybe they were going to call two penalty shots. Can you get two in a row? :laugh:

Quoting myself just because this belongs here.

The penalty shot came from the hook on the breakaway.

Look when the ref's arm goes up.

How are people that blind? It's so obvious. Maybe there was a second penalty shot coming because of the glove on puck but there was clearly one on the hook.

Broadcast didn't even mention that hook.

The refs arm can go up to indicate either a delayed 2 min penalty or another delayed penalty shot, and still have Marner's glove covering merit a penalty shot. Those aren't mutually exclusive.

It didn't hinder him whatsoever on the shot. Not to mention the PP they gave CBJ for the tying goal was because their own guy lost an edge. Leafs didn't play great but at this point its getting comical with the refs

Naw Nyquist was initially unable to shoot because of the stick on his arm, he didn't get free to shoot until he was out of space.

The call was on the ****in hook but they call a penalty shot!?!? This league is Mickey Mouse **** this, better be an explanation coming

I don't know if that's what the penalty shot was for, but hooking a guy on a breakaway and preventing him from getting a scoring opportunity is a penalty shot. I don't think it's much of a stretch here, Nyquist didn't get a real scoring opportunity here, he just flubbed it because of the hook.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
For anyone who thinks that Leafs fans are just whining about the refs and that we don't actually have a legitimate point: in the last 3 games, Toronto has been shorthanded 14 times, while receiving only 3 powerplays.

My men's league team tends to get lazy because of long shifts. People stop moving their feet and reach with the sticks. It's like something lights up in the officials heads when players do that, every infraction becomes extra visible. Toronto was the same thing tonight. Looked like a lazy/skilled men's league team with a great goalie.

They had the 2 minute shifts and even the 3 forward change on the backcheck! We were yelling at each other in men's league for that!

That's even worse when you consider Kapanen was far more obstructed with earlier in the game.

Edit: grammar.

Nyquist was interfered with by Marner on a breakaway, Kapanen was prevented from getting a breakaway because of Murray. That's the way to do it. If you are about to get burned, hack a guy down before he gets a clear break, not after.

Atkinson holding Marincin's stick on the 2nd goal stopping him from using it against the puck carrier.

C'mon now, that is really subtle interference. If Millen didn't point it out I don't think anyone would have noticed.

On the tying goal, Milano lost an edge and fell and the camera feed shows even he was surprised it got called.

Maybe he was falling down on his own, but I don't get how you complain when Freddie's stick is clearly in Milano's skates. That's on Freddie.

5-0 impacts the game. 4-2, or 5-3 I can live with. But we played 10 minutes almost short handed of a 60 minute game, and there is no way 5-0 actually reflects the infractions.

I think it was 5 - 2 in the end. It could have been 8 - 4 honestly. They didn't even call everything on the Leafs. On two instances - I think Muzzin and Andersen - the Leafs player intentionally dislodged the net, in Andersen's case he clearly intentionally makes an extra push to dislodge the net. The refs did the Leafs a favor there.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Looks like Nyqvist fumbled the puck on his own in overtime. The so called hook from the Leafs player was kind of weak.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
VGK's biggest issue is: lack of quality back up goalie, Fleury can't play 82 games.
Subban sucks (mostly) they tried Dansk, well apparently, so does Dansk.

They need to make a trade ASAP. - in the next few days -

Reactions: Devonator

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Someone quoted something like 17 penalties against, 3 for. That's wild. I know people think we're overreacting but getting almost 5 calls against and less than 1 for per game over a two week stretch is nauseating. That's 9+ minutes we're shorthanded difference, 1/6th of each game.

Bruins must be salivating....tired, frustrated Leaf team playing their AHL calibre backup goalie on a Tuesday night. Could be a blowout.

..and don't forget, the Bruins don't get called for anything either.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Mike Babcock on explanation he got for OT penalty shot: "It was hooking. You put your stick on the guy's hands, you go to the box. When you go to the box that many times [in a game]...after a while, it's nobody else. Own it, and get on with it."
That is exactly it. I completely understood the criticism in the Boston game, but tonight Bacbock is right- sticks on the pucks, not on the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad