GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/18/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
That game was brutal.

Three of Calgary's goals off of brutal missed calls.

I've NEVER seen them allow a goal scored on a play AFTER the ref blows the whistle. Until tonight.

And here I thought McDavid was the only one who gets special treatment. :sarcasm:

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
The reverse Wideman effect.

Made him a healthy scratch = Get calls in their favour

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
They blew the whistle before the puck went in.

You blow the whistle, the play is dead. Even if you shouldn't have blown it in the first place.

That's the way the rule has always been. Whistle blown, play dead.

Until tonight.

Hey, the refs have a conspiracy against the flames to spite Wideman! They are victims!

:laugh:

Yeah you guys got jobbed. Some real ******** imo.

Caribou Lou

Mar 16, 2008
Cgy AB
Okay that was a tough no call but Reinhart also went down way too easily, the Sabres really sold a few of those calls tonight actually.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Okay that was a tough no call but Reinhart also went down way too easily, the Sabres really sold a few of those calls tonight actually.

That's a borderline case.

I'm much more upset about the goal allowed to stand after the whistle, and the ref's skate deflecting a puck right to a Flame in the slot for the 2nd goal.

Ah well. At least they got a point on the road, and should be really fired-up going into Vancouver on Thursday.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
They blew the whistle before the puck went in.

You blow the whistle, the play is dead. Even if you shouldn't have blown it in the first place.

That's the way the rule has always been. Whistle blown, play dead.

Until tonight.

Not necessarily. I haven't seen the play in question but depending on when the whistle was blown it's possible for it to count

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Dying seconds to preserve the 3-2 win:

His reaction time looks quick even in slow motion. The reverse angle at full speed behind the net they replayed during the game showed just how nice of a save that was, clutch.

So happy for Talbot, showed character to bounce back like that and put on a phenomenal performance.

Caribou Lou

Mar 16, 2008
Cgy AB
If the whistle goes, the play is dead.

I've never seen a goal counted after the whistle. That's complete trash.

I've also never seen that, and was shocked to see it overturned - but I would love for the officials to continue to reverse plays like that where the puck isn't covered and the whistle goes.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I've also never seen that, and was shocked to see it overturned - but I would love for the officials to continue to reverse plays like that where the puck isn't covered and the whistle goes.

The problem is, when the whistle blows, the defense and the goalie relax and stop playing, thinking that the play is dead.

If a goal is scored after the whistle, is it because it would have been scored anyway, or because the goalie relaxed? Therein lies the problem with counting goals after the whistle.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
The problem is, when the whistle blows, the defense and the goalie relax and stop playing, thinking that the play is dead.

If a goal is scored after the whistle, is it because it would have been scored anyway, or because the goalie relaxed? Therein lies the problem with counting goals after the whistle.

Except this didn't happen in this case. The puck was off Frolik's stick when the whistle went.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
That game was brutal.

Three of Calgary's goals off of brutal missed calls.

I've NEVER seen them allow a goal scored on a play AFTER the ref blows the whistle. Until tonight.
Meh, Sabres aren't going anywhere anyway so not like it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00