GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/14/19 - Come on Frenchy where's all your games

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
lol they scored 2 straight to cut it to 4-2 and had all the momentum before that 5th fluke goal.

Why are you denial over a fact. Ya'll won anyways move on

6-3 is a fact. What's the problem?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
A fluke would be something like a weird bounce off the boards that went into the net. Your goalie giving the Avalanche player the puck isn't a fluke...it's a **** up on your goalies part.

Lol regardless the point stands it was a stupid goal and the Avs were reeling before that

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Not sure what's not clicking.

The Caps "BS" and Physicality were a huge reason as to them getting back in the game in the 1st place and if it wasnt for that fluke 5th goal, there's a good chance the Caps make it a game because the Avs were getting bent over.

Its one thing to not be physical when its 4-0 or 5-2 but when the Caps are domianting you to scoring 2 goals straight and have the momentum, that might be the indication to start playing.

The avs aren't a tough team. It is what it is. I've come to terms the Leafs are soft. Doesnt mean you're bad. You're getting mad for no reason
I’m not mad. I’m literally explaining to you how the Avs coach approached the game. Plucked his most physical player off the ice even though he was playing his best game of the season. They are beginning a very tough 6 game road trip and already had a massive lead. Bednar was well aware of how the Caps were going to up the physicality. They weren’t going to sit back and get embarrassed in their own barn.

I’m not mad. In fact I made a post on the Avs board saying how much I love how the Caps play and how they aren’t going to get walked over in their own building. Call it bs, call it physicality, call it whatever you want. Bednar anticipated and refused to play in because he has more important things going on with his team than playing into the Caps game plan in a game that was already in the bag.

The Avs aren’t going to waste their time risking injuries or basically getting out of hand on an eastern conference team they thought (a little prematurely) they had already defeated.

Reactions: Kaizer

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
lol nothing is the problem. You're literally switching the subject. People getting their panties in a knot over a harmless comment wtf.

My panties are smooth, silky, and unruffled. Talk about momentum when you are down 4-0 and come back to make it 4-2 is silly.

The fact is, the game was over after the first 9.5 minutes of the first period.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
My panties are smooth, silky, and unruffled. Talk about momentum when you are down 4-0 and come back to make it 4-2 is silly.

The fact is, the game was over after the first 9.5 minutes of the first period.

You really didnt think the Caps had all the momentum before that 5th avs goal?

The caps literally had a grade A chance right before that 5 goal to possibly make it 4-3.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
You really didnt think the Caps had all the momentum before that 5th avs goal?

The caps literally had a grade A chance right before that 5 goal to possibly make it 4-3.

I honestly don't believe in momentum. I think it's a made up term to try to quantify something that is being witnessed because trying to put things in tidy boxes is human nature.

You have "momentum" until you don't, and it can turn at any time. Not sure what else there is to say about it.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
You're arguments are extremely forced. I got nothing against the avs. I'm saying what I witnessed as a casual fan

They do have the benefit of being supported by reality though.

giphy.gif

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
The linesman was wrong and it was corrected. This wasn't a technicality of the rule that screwed the Capitals, nor did it happen a minute before a goal. It was a legitimate offside that directly lead to a goal.
It is, in the sense that the rule specifically exists to prevent a tactic, cherry picking because that gives the attacking team a distinctive advantage and would make every defending team change their overall game plan.

Obviously we don’t want the linesman to have a much tougher job so if they see it cross, call it. I don’t have a problem with the offside rule in general, I don’t like replay rule in general cuz the vast majority of the time it really is inches. Generally the linesman don’t miss massively offsides in the sense of the furthest attacker never being close to crossing offsides. It’s little things

If the puck is as knocked away by the defender a few inches back, that’s onside even with Oshie, he was crossing with it initially. The defenders had no disadvantage really, and the goal came well after anyway.

The rule is as is and I’m not mad about the result. Just saying I don’t like the replay rule

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I honestly don't believe in momentum. I think it's a made up term to try to quantify something that is being witnessed because trying to put things in tidy boxes is human nature.

You have "momentum" until you don't, and it can turn at any time. Not sure what else there is to say about it.

lol well dude thats probably why you sound so defensive because you're in the minority here.

I think almost everyone would consider what the Caps were doing after going down 4-0...was creating momentum.

You're argument about momentum is a whole different subject together, which I'd rather not debate right now

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
lol well dude thats probably why you sound so defensive because you're in the minority here.

I think almost everyone would consider what the Caps were doing after going down 4-0...was creating momentum.

You're argument about momentum is a whole different subject together, which I'd rather not debate right now

It's not my argument though. It's yours.

Again, if this is what momentum looks like, I'll take not having momentum.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
It is, in the sense that the rule specifically exists to prevent a tactic, cherry picking because that gives the attacking team a distinctive advantage and would make every defending team change their overall game plan.

Obviously we don’t want the linesman to have a much tougher job so if they see it cross, call it. I don’t have a problem with the offside rule in general, I don’t like replay rule in general cuz the vast majority of the time it really is inches. Generally the linesman don’t miss massively offsides in the sense of the furthest attacker never being close to crossing offsides. It’s little things

If the puck is as knocked away by the defender a few inches back, that’s onside even with Oshie, he was crossing with it initially. The defenders had no disadvantage really, and the goal came well after anyway.

The rule is as is and I’m not mad about the result. Just saying I don’t like the replay rule

The problem with this is the opposite scenario though... The linesman "thinks" it's offsides so he blows the play dead and kills a scoring opportunity if he's wrong. Better to just let the play continue and sort it out after the fact.

Obviously it's not a perfect system, but it's better to err on the side of NOT calling it and letting the challenge sort it out.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
If they go 7-0, maybe even 6-0 if the Oilers lose tonight, the dam is going to burst.

Lol, this is a GDT... it's not like the main board is filled up with threads demanding people rank them higher or insisting that the top line is going to get 300+ points this year or stuff like that... yet.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
As an Avs fan, I'd like to warn everyone that Avs fans are going to be really annoying this year.
I hope some our more out spoken fans don't go too overboard this season. Or at the very least they mostly keep it on our own boards. But I must admit, it is nice to see we can finally start being a little smug and annoying. It's been far too long since I've been able to put my nose up in the air and look down on lesser teams.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Lol, this is a GDT... it's not like the main board is filled up with threads demanding people rank them higher or insisting that the top line is going to get 300+ points this year or stuff like that... yet.

The Avs top line are going to get 140 goals AT LEAST. Rantanen is going to get 50 in 50.

Reactions: Coffey

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
The problem with this is the opposite scenario though... The linesman "thinks" it's offsides so he blows the play dead and kills a scoring opportunity if he's wrong. Better to just let the play continue and sort it out after the fact.

Obviously it's not a perfect system, but it's better to err on the side of NOT calling it and letting the challenge sort it out.
I think the linesman should always call it being offside even if they’re fully aware that it was just an inch. In real time, they should call it they way they currently do. My problem more than anything is just stopping play and rewinding. And a little less, but still, I dislike the rewind in play when the goal happens not on that rush, but well after... especially if it was such a small thing.

They’re going to make mistakes, fans will always be pissed when it goes against them... but they’ll be just as happy when t goes for them lol. I’d rather have the same fans; but more goals and less momentum killing stoppages

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
I remember last year the early hot takes...he was gonna win the Art Ross and what not.
He was poking fun of the Dallas thread where it was predicted that Benn-Seguin-Pavelski were going to get 140+ goals.

Reactions: Mez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad