GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/11/23 | 6 Games Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Always good to bookmark the October 11th hot takes for later in the year... Have a feeling this will be a good one to come back on :laugh:
It’ll last until the end of game #2

Canucks have about as much luck making the playoffs as the Oilers do winning the cup

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Bouchard never looked good last a season, he just appeared good due to a vaunted powerplay
Bouchard is so overhyped on these boards. Just a glorified PP QB which has Drai and McDavid on it. He couldn't even carry Hughes jock strap who is a captain now. Never seen Bouchard drive offensive plays like a Makar or Hughes.

It’ll last until the end of game #2

Canucks have about as much luck making the playoffs as the Oilers do winning the cup
I really think this time Canucks can make it. At some point you get tired of losing and want to win and our players are still young and motivated to win.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Always good to bookmark the October 11th hot takes for later in the year... Have a feeling this will be a good one to come back on :laugh:
Good bookmark it and make sure you make a significant wager if you are that confident Canucks won't make playoffs lol. Oilers have zero excuse to lose 8-1 when everyone is hyping them to win the cup. They don't look like a team that can win the cup. It's one game but let's just say their goalies don't inspire confidence giving up 8 goals on 30 shots and both goalies were terrible.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Heck of an effort from Demko considering he couldn’t finish the game because he was still battling the flu.
Looks like he’s primed for a big year now that he’s healthy again.

Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC
·
Follow
Rick Tocchet says Thatcher Demko was pulled because he is battling the flu, was dehydrated and threw up in his mask
10:40 PM · Oct 11, 2023

Reactions: Szechwan

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
I want to like this, but when I saw it on SN earlier during the intermission... is that not a very blatant charging infraction?
more concerned about leaving the feet when it's to make contact with the head. That was more of a superman into his chest. Weird hit but kinda cool

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Media keeps gushing about this hit, but it's clearly charging. Both skates are off the ice way before contact

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Vancouver seems pretty good, but this is only one game. I doubt this will be representative of Edmonton this year.

Probably the most work ethic I've ever seen from a Canucks team in October. Typically they are awful.
I still doubt the Nucks are a playoff team but if they can work this hard every game they will give teams fits.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Haters out in full bloom. This loss means nothing when the Canucks miss the playoffs and watch the Oilers lift the cup, with Bouchard holding up the Norris Trophy

tenor-1.gif

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
Haters out in full bloom. This loss means nothing when the Canucks miss the playoffs and watch the Oilers lift the cup, with Bouchard holding up the Norris Trophy
Here's a little trivia question, who's the last Stanley Cup champion to lose a game by 7 or more goals during the regular season? Hint; You have to go back well over a decade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad