GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/29/20 - 6 Games Including BOA Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I'm going to watch the start of the BOA until the refs ruin it... I give it like 5 minutes till every ounce of emotion is sapped out of the matchup. Hope I'm wrong.

If the refs do that, it'd be best to pummel the refs instead.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Didn't smith steal it back at the end of the season + playoffs?
And yet the Flames declined to offer Smith a new contract for this year even though he was for sale at $2M
So I guess the answer is no. The trouble with Smith is you never know which Smith is going to show up each game... The all-star Smith or the brutally awful Smith.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
And yet the Flames declined to offer Smith a new contract for this year even though he was for sale at $2M
So I guess the answer is no. The trouble with Smith is you never know which Smith is going to show up each game... The all-star Smith or the brutally awful Smith.
So true. It seems like it's one or the other and nothing inbetween lol.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Edmonton police on their way to Edmonton's Rogers Place to lock down the arena in order to protect Tkachuk and the rest of the Flames in tonight's game. Flames fans are on their own.

View attachment 313653
:sarcasm: Just kidding... they're only there to protect Chucky from Kassian. :sarcasm: :D

Are those soldiers or policemen? Why Canada militarize their polices forces too?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The staggers for tonight suck. 6 games, 2 7:30 starts and 4 10:00 starts for those on East Coast

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Slapshot is one of the great all-time hockey movies. Obviously Paul Newman is Tkachuk... guess who Kassian is?...
I think everyone is looking forward to Kassian losing his marbles (again) tonight and another win for the Flames.

Note: there's cursing in the movie clip. Not sure how to make it as link instead of the video. If a mod feels that posting this video is against the rules please remove the video as I don't want to get any warning points.

It's fine

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
I would like to see focused and constant hits by Nurse and Kassian (or any player) on Tkachuk. Just hard and clean hits everytime Tkachuk is the ice.

I had this game blocked on my calendar. I even asked some colleagues in AB if I can use the company seats but I was already beaten to it by our clients.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'm sure nothing will happen unless the game is out of reach.

Parros got 0 games for this, didn't he ?

Yeah....

What could be a really exciting game will likely be a decent game at best.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I hope the Calgary game is an absolute disaster and loaded with the hatred this league has largely been lacking of late. Hits, fights, and scrums.

The idea that Parros is present is more comical than anything considering how terrible he is at this role... the officials and league would already be heavily focused on this one. His presence is irrelevant. The NHL always does this for 'revenge games' and I have to chuckle every time. Will Parros leap onto the ice to squash any emotion?

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Who’s announcing the NBC game? Sounds familiar... kinda sounds like a regular-news reporter calmly narrating a report on local news.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Who’s announcing the NBC game? Sounds familiar... kinda sounds like a regular-news reporter calmly narrating a report on local news.

Sounds like Mike Tirico from NBC sports, usually does NFL but I’ve hesrd him call nhl games here and there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad