GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/21/2022 | I 8 Games because I was hungry

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Storybook for DeAngelo.

Funny how that’s played out- I still get why a lot of teams wouldn’t touch him, but he seems to have mellowed a bit and maybe learned from his mistakes. Dude seemed a bad teammate in NY, now Carolina reaps the rewards for getting a newly motivated DeAngelo. He was playing like shit before leaving NY as well, now it’s like he has something to prove.

Contrast that with E. Kane, who just seemingly can’t get out of his own way time and time again. Still, I wonder if DeAngelo’s turnaround makes GMs think the same is possible with Kane.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
cant believe Canucks killed that PP against Panthers with Spencer knight in net. I was thinking we would get scored on.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
You know there's guys who could and would do it if it went uncalled tho.

Feel pretty bad for Bluejackets fans after that third period. Wrong end of a bunch of pedantic but absolutely right calls and an unbelievably soft goal to concede to go 3-2 down.

Legend says that the puck from Matheson's goal is still rolling but still a long way from the back of the net.

Reactions: Peat

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Almost have to go back to pre-Kane-Toews era to see the Wild have such an easy win in Chicago.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Funny how that’s played out- I still get why a lot of teams wouldn’t touch him, but he seems to have mellowed a bit and maybe learned from his mistakes. Dude seemed a bad teammate in NY, now Carolina reaps the rewards for getting a newly motivated DeAngelo. He was playing like shit before leaving NY as well, now it’s like he has something to prove.

Contrast that with E. Kane, who just seemingly can’t get out of his own way time and time again. Still, I wonder if DeAngelo’s turnaround makes GMs think the same is possible with Kane.
DeAngelo was one of the best offensive dmen in the league when he got blackballed for no reason. It was obvious he'd do similar especially on a good team. Amazing no one gave him a shot.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Foote jumping Buddy from behind with 10 seconds left should be a suspension.. in any sport other than hockey.
Hockey as well, if the officials tonight hadn’t been clowns the entire game. That was textbook instigating.

46.22Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12), shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident.
When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.
The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.
No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension as all incidents are reviewed by the Director of Hockey Operations as outlined above.

The Great Stromboli

Hockey as well, if the officials tonight hadn’t been clowns the entire game. That was textbook instigating.

46.22Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12), shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident.
When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.
The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.
No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension as all incidents are reviewed by the Director of Hockey Operations as outlined above.
Let's hope they enforce that one, but I have my doubts DOPS reads that stuff. I've seen Backes get in at least a couple fights after the game is over and i dont think he ever got suspended for it.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.

It's either a honeymoon effect that's inevitably going to wear out or he really learned a lesson about sticking to just the hockey. Interesting to see next season. No doubt Rod the Bod had some choice advice for him on social media activity and stuff.

I'm not sure he was a bad teammate in NY as such, the fight with Georgiev took two to tango. And most of his time there he didn't play like shit either.

It certainly was a bit of a risk for Canes to sign him, no question about that.

Hilarious game. First goal by Fast from D'Angelo, Aho schooling former Cane Fox, then the final dagger by Tony. You couldn't make this shit up.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
DeAngelo was one of the best offensive dmen in the league when he got blackballed for no reason. It was obvious he'd do similar especially on a good team. Amazing no one gave him a shot.
He's not in Hamilton's class as a trigger man, but he's better at walking the blue line on PP, and that's the thing Canes needed more. They have the finishers allright.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Florida goes 2-1-0 in Western Canada.

Um, is that an achievement? :sarcasm:

Somebody pointed out Canes are 9-0-0 against O6 teams this season. So that's why they're getting snow events to go with it. :laugh:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
GO BRUINS !!!

Brad Marchand is out after a dirty hit, but the good news is that he skated this morning.:wg:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad