GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/14/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Looked like he caught the head and shoulder simultaneously, tough call.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Aho with the head down for a good few seconds gio could have lit him up harder. Knee on knee was not on purpose no matter what the haters will say.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
The result was unfortunate but come on, there was no hit to the head. 5 minute major for that is horrendous.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Can't hit anybody anymore, Gio had his elbow down the entire time. Aho trying to avoid contact is what got him hurt.

Piss poor officiating, neither of them had their arms up after the hit.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Flames get a goal on a powerplay that shouldnt of existed cause Hamonic snaps his head back.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
I don't consider Giordano a dirty player by any means. But that hit was just bad, bad hit. Not bad as in he had bad intentions but very badly executed. I mean, how do you miss the body so badly and catch only the chin AND the knee? How is that even possible?

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I don't consider Giordano a dirty player by any means. But that hit was just bad, bad hit. Not bad as in he had bad intentions but very badly executed. I mean, how do you miss the body so badly and catch only the chin AND the knee? How is that even possible?

He had no control of the situation. He just stood there and braced himself as Aho ran into him.

Like what was Gio supposed to do. Crouch down awkwardly or jump out of the way?

Reactions: Mitts

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
He had no control of the situation. He just stood there and braced himself as Aho ran into him.

Like what was Gio supposed to do. Crouch down awkwardly or jump out of the way?

I have to agree. I rewatched it from multiple angles and you're right: Aho goes head down straight into Giordano. Obviously Giordano can't simply let Aho skate by. Maybe Gio could've hit lower, more to the mid section rather than target the shoulder with an upward motion, but that's all could've should've would've scenario. Gio did his job.

Hopefully Aho's season isn't done.

Reactions: DJJones

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I would love to see the Flames go deep into the playoffs just to shove it to all the people saying that they are gonna relocate.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Can a Pens fan tell me what Sprong's main NHL attribute will be? I don't know much about him other than he is a top prospect for them.

I ask because he doesn't look like a burner speed wise, I could be wrong on that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad