GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/14/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Lundqvist facing some rubber tonight.
Was only a matter of time before we started getting dominated.

I saw a stat the other night that the Rangers have allowed 30+ shots in like 13 consecutive games or something. It was the first time since 1992-93.

Penguins already have 25 shots.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This is actually a good game. Love that Reaves hit on Staal then the Smith hit on Reaves. The fight was stupid, but the hitting is awesome.

No one really hits anymore. :(

Reactions: Kip Drordy

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
What I like about Kessel is that he creates scoring chances no matter who he plays with. Having players who aren't sensitive about what linemates he has is a luxury for a coach.

Reactions: BHD

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm fine with that goal being called back, since it wasn't for goalie interference. I would have been mad had that been called GI, but if they found a kicking motion, whatever.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The depth the Penguins have is straight up obscene if the team is playing well. I'm really curious to see what they do before the deadline, they have a lot of wingers who should be playing everyday.

The Penguins are back, baby. I bet if any teams didn't want to help out the Penguins, they're going to feel even more strongly about it now.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
The depth the Penguins have is straight up obscene if the team is playing well. I'm really curious to see what they do before the deadline, they have a lot of wingers who should be playing everyday.

The Penguins are back, baby. I bet if any teams didn't want to help out the Penguins, they're going to feel even more strongly about it now.

They’re on an impressive run. We’ve seen this before from this bunch too.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Vanek ties it, O.T coming.
Staal has sure turned out to be a bargain.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
That shot of AV near the end of the game... He looked like a student who took a look at the syllabus and knew he had his work cut out for him.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Can a Pens fan tell me what Sprong's main NHL attribute will be? I don't know much about him other than he is a top prospect for them.

I ask because he doesn't look like a burner speed wise, I could be wrong on that though.

Yep, his shot is his bread and butter.

He won't get that usage here, because of the guys in front of him, but in the AHL, he would set up in the Ovechkin office, and just blast the puck past goalies on the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad