GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/12/19 - Great games on this Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Looked like the Rangers outworked the Islanders. Well deserved victory for them, even if some fans might not want it.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
I'm jelly of morning games for you guys on the west coast..

While I do enjoy a primetime game which the NYI vs NYR is.. it's something about morning hockey that appeals to me ;P

Great day for hockey!
Honestly it's great. Had a few days where I've woken up around 10/11 feeling pretty rough. Couple Irish coffees and some hockey are a solid way to sort that out.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
God they keep talking about the faceoff and rule enforcement and they finally showed the replay. I'm confused what the issue was, but then I've always been a little shaky on Face-Off Rules.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Looks like he's quite good for the Isles aswell. Maybe Koekkoek will turn into an offensive weapon for the Hawks..

Actually, the offensive side of things was one of Koekkoek's strengths while he had his limited time with us. Kid never really got much of a chance but is a great guy. Works hard and has a great attitude. Was very professional under difficult circumstances as the seldom-played lowest d-man, so I hope he does well with the Hawks.

Reactions: bukwas

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Good luck Bruins

BEC9759D-4194-4FE0-BCA1-562F81A359AB.gif

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
Actually, the offensive side of things was one of Koekkoek's strengths while he had his limited time with us. Kid never really got much of a chance but is a great guy. Works hard and has a great attitude. Was very professional under difficult circumstances as the seldom-played lowest d-man, so I hope he does well with the Hawks.
I hated the pick when they drafted him. He was injured 2 times prior to be drafted by the Bolts. Still they picked him. You are the optimist, and I am the pessimist. I absolutely HATED the Bolts picking Connally as well. 2 first rounders that bombed IMO. They might be serviceable, but first round picks????? Here is my problem.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I hated the pick when they drafted him. He was injured 2 times prior to be drafted by the Bolts. Still they picked him. You are the optimist, and I am the pessimist.

Yeah, I do tend to be rather optimistic at times. But SK's offense was not that bad. It was the occasional 'deer in the headlights' clueless defensive plays that bugged me. Wasn't it Macho (and some others) who said SK might have made a good forward?

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
Yeah, I do tend to be rather optimistic at times. But SK's offense was not that bad. It was the occasional 'deer in the headlights' clueless defensive plays that bugged me. Wasn't it Macho (and some others) who said SK might have made a good forward?
I can see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad