GDT: HFBoards GDT: 03/12/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
This is their best roster I think. They've got a lot of mileage out of their team the last few season, Hurricanes are 3rd in wins since 2020-21. They've fallen short in the playoffs mostly because there's a lot of games you need one more goal and they lacked a guy who could score it.
What I have literally been stating for the last couple of seasons, and previously in this GDT.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Vegas starting to get back to normal. Howden plays the first time in months and immediately does his trademark move of slashing to incur the first penalty. Even with the injury time, Howden leads the rest of the team in the first penalty by a mile.

Reactions: Devonator

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada

recliner.jpg

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
The last one with under 10 seconds to go was not too bright. Just chip it out and game over. No reason to give the Canes the chance to win the draw and get off a shot.

The analytics indeed say take the shot. Not sure how advanced the model is since so much is unique and situational when it comes to what goes on in the final minute of a game.

the one problem with incorporating anything analytics with the rangers is that they've had models completely baffled for like 3 years now. the analytics support taking the shot yea, but this is a team with 4 players in the top 20 missed nets in the league, is an incredible 7/71 on breakaways this season, and consistently demonstrates a jawdropping ability to invent ways to avoid finishing what appear to be gimmes. then on the other side of things, they also have an ability to get fairly consistent production from the borderline absurd.

so taking the shot is the right play. unfortunately, this team is completely and utterly incapable of executing the basics. i mean vesey took a shot from the right side of the ice and i'm fairly certain the puck crossed for icing even further to the right of the net than he shot from. like....it's one thing to miss...but he legitimately didn't even shoot the puck in the right gd direction.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad