GDT: HFBoards GDT | 02/26/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
You're right. Since this isn't an official media outlet we'll call it slander. My apologies.

I guess you don't know what slander means either.

I said Couture dives. And he does. So there's no defamation of character here. I simply stated a known fact about him.

I also see you're backpedaling on the Couture slew foot in the other thread. So just trolling people in this one?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I guess you don't know what slander means either.

I said Couture dives. And he does. So there's no defamation of character here. I simply stated a known fact about him.

I also see you're backpedaling on the Couture slew foot in the other thread. So just trolling people in this one?

That's not how it works. There's no provided evidence to this claim.

Also, after looking at it, it is a bit of a slew foot but you can't take that at face value. Certainly didn't look intentional, add to the fact that Smith was hooking Couture's nuts and pushing his left leg.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
That's not how it works. There's no provided evidence to this claim.

Also, after looking at it, it is a bit of a slew foot but you can't take that at face value. Certainly didn't look intentional, add to the fact that Smith was hooking Couture's nuts and pushing his left leg.

We're not in a court of law here. Couture dives. I've seen it, as have many other hockey fans. It's not exactly an outrageous claim to make on a hockey forum.

If I said he abuses his girlfriend or is a drunk or something, that's completely different. But saying Couture dives is about as bold of a statement as saying Brent Burns has a beard.

Regardless of his diving, I wouldn't have expected Couture to slew foot someone like that.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I can't imagine how I would react if someone asked for a citation in a discussion about players diving

I hope I run into you someday kid

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
We're not in a court of law here. Couture dives. I've seen it, as have many other hockey fans. It's not exactly an outrageous claim to make on a hockey forum.

If I said he abuses his girlfriend or is a drunk or something, that's completely different. But saying Couture dives is about as bold of a statement as saying Brent Burns has a beard.

Regardless of his diving, I wouldn't have expected Couture to slew foot someone like that.

Again, if it's so obvious to prove and say I'd like to see a few sources. Not that hard. Imgur recently made a video to gif program try it out.

Datsyuk dives. I've seen it, as have many other hockey fans.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Again, if it's so obvious to prove and say I'd like to see a few sources. Not that hard. Imgur recently made a video to gif program try it out.

Datsyuk dives. I've seen it, as have many other hockey fans.

Taking the "I know you are but what am I strategy?" Very mature. :handclap:

I'll get right on that, because I definitely sit around and record hours of sharks games so when someone on the internet asks me to cite sources of Couture diving, I can make a gif of it. :laugh:

Try floating that idea in the general forum about Datsyuk. Or maybe make a poll. You're so fond of telling other people to do things for you, maybe you could take some initiative yourself. See who people think dives more, Couture or Datsyuk.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Can we all stop for a moment and acknowledge how poorly Regehr played that 2 on 1 in the 3rd? He got absolutely walked by Zibanejad.

Zibanejad is really starting to use that big frame of his a lot more recently

I don't think you're giving him enough credit there

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
That's not a dive. He gets whacked with a stick in the back of the head.

Do you know what a dive is?

And for some reason his feet go airborn, his arms go up and he flails to the ice?

Here is a comparison, when Brendan Smith got slewfooted tonight and hit his head. His first instinct was to grab his head because he was injured. It wasn't to dive into the air and sell the call.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
And for some reason his feet go airborn, his arms go up and he flails to the ice?

Here is a comparison, when Brendan Smith got slewfooted tonight and hit his head. His first instinct was to grab his head because he was injured. It wasn't to dive into the air and sell the call.

How would you react if you were smacked on the head with a stick?

Also, how would Smith have dove if he was already on the ground? In that clip, Couture is standing up and skating. Not comparable.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Nashville Predators and the Detroit Red Wings are the only teams left in the NHL that don't have two consecutive regulation losses in a row.

Predators lost tonight in regulation. If Wings can beat Preds in regulation on Saturday, they'll take that record from them while keeping their streak alive.

Wings haven't faced a goalie as good as Rinne in awhile and I'm sure they are really pissed losing tonight... so I imagine they are going to bring their "A" game for sure.

Gonna be a fun game Saturday! =)

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
That's not a dive. He gets whacked with a stick in the back of the head.

Do you know what a dive is?

Seeing as how that was after they got swept and Bieksa has whined about us untie past, that's not surprising.

He embellished, whatever, you're arguing semantics. I have no horse in this race. You said it yourself, he gets hit in the back of the head, why does his head fling backwards then? :laugh:

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
He embellished, whatever, you're arguing semantics. I have no horse in this race. You said it yourself, he gets hit in the back of the head, why does his head fling backwards then? :laugh:

There's a difference between embellishment and diving. I have no problem with embellishment if there is actually a penalty to be called.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Sure was a delayed reaction to getting hit in the face.... that suddenly causes him to go down.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Well, Smith's head didn't get hit until he hit the ice, so he couldn't exactly throw his legs out as you describe.

Couture has dove a lot in the past. He doesn't do it that much anymore. But, that clip you provided isn't a dive. Take a butt end slash to the chin by an nhler and see what your legs do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad