Not open for further replies.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Ovechkin either crying or whining at the end there

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Ovechkin either crying or whining at the end there

It's not crying when there is bad coaching. The coaches did this before. They refused to call a timeout in the last minute when the players including Ovi were absolutely gassed. Ovie yelled at the coaches after. Not playing Backstrom was the issue. Really stupid coaching.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
It's not crying when there is bad coaching. The coaches did this before. They refused to call a timeout in the last minute when the players including Ovi were absolutely gassed. Ovie yelled at the coaches after. Not playing Backstrom was the issue. Really stupid coaching.

We know, always the coach, the team, the refs...

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell

Caps had already used the TO

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Why are people saying Fleury dove? Wards knee was right at his head, how do you know his knee DID NOT TOUCH his head? You got to be a real big homer to be 100% convinced Fleury dove.

mdurbin1234

Nov 6, 2012
Caps fan here.....For sure one of the worst officiated games of the season. Not in the sense that "Oh Refs are screwing the Caps/Pens", but just in the sense that the refs completely dictated the flow of the game and stopped it from being as exciting and competitive as it should have been.

That was actually a pretty calm game. No reason for so many penalties to be called. Obnoxious.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
No dude, it's something called passion. He wants to win. He cares about winning. That is a good thing.

Every other player who "whined" before just didn't care about winning.

Note: I don't see it as whining. I just hate how some players "show passion" and "emotion" while some narratives paint it as "whining"... but only some players. If it's a player I like, it's "passion." If it's a player I don't like, it's "whining."

Annoying.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Anyone know what happened to the ref in the Sens~Ducks game? I saw that he won't return, but did he get hit or something?

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Caps fan here.....For sure one of the worst officiated games of the season. Not in the sense that "Oh Refs are screwing the Caps/Pens", but just in the sense that the refs completely dictated the flow of the game and stopped it from being as exciting and competitive as it should have been.

That was actually a pretty calm game. No reason for so many penalties to be called. Obnoxious.

As a Pens fan, my take was that the first was getting a little out of control. The refs stepped in during the second by calling everything to try to get it back. You're right. It completely changed the flow of the game. It's a tough position though... I think it would have gotten worse if they hadn't.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
But when Crosby does it, it's considering "whining" right?

When my guy does it, it's passion. When your guy does it, it's whining. When my guy does it, it is drawing calls. When your guy does it, he's a diver. When my guy does it, it's leadership. When your guy does it, it is blaming others. When my guy does it, it's personality and joking with the fans. When your guy does it, it's being a snot-nosed punk. When my guy does it, it's for the love of the game. When your guy does it, it's because his uncle is Gary Bettman.

There you go.

For the record, I like seeing Ovechkin mad because I actually think he does care.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
But when Crosby does it, it's considering "whining" right?

No, but it depends on the situation. If Crosby tried his hardest to score when down a goal and the coaches left him out to dry and he got pissed - that wouldn't be whining at all.

I'm saying that while the coaching has gotten better in Washington, this is not the first time where Ovie was left out to dry in the final minute. Go back and watch the game where the Caps had a timeout and never used it. Icing kept being called and Ovie had to play the last 2 minutes of the game while being completely gassed. After the game he let the assistant coach have it. That is not whining.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
When my guy does it, it's passion. When your guy does it, it's whining. When my guy does it, it is drawing calls. When your guy does it, he's a diver. When my guy does it, it's leadership. When your guy does it, it is blaming others. When my guy does it, it's personality and joking with the fans. When your guy does it, it's being a snot-nosed punk. When my guy does it, it's for the love of the game. When your guy does it, it's because his uncle is Gary Bettman.

There you go.

This should just be sticked in every thread.

PRicci09

Jan 17, 2013
Don't see why people think what Ovechkin did was bad. I absolutely loved it... dude seems like a great captain.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Anyone know what happened to the ref in the Sens~Ducks game? I saw that he won't return, but did he get hit or something?

Looked like he got a high stick off the faceoff. Weird part is the draw was in the d-zone but he ended up outside the blueline when he was down. Hopefully not to the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad