GDT: HFBoards GDT | 02/21/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
This will be the last I respond because there's no clearer way to put this.

The rule states there must be visual evidence of a 100% unobstructed puck over the goal line. If it's in a glove, if it's behind a post, if it's under the goalie's fat ass, as long as there's no shot where there's white space between the puck and the red line, it's not a goal.

You should know this since a pitt staff member of their video production crew was fired for apparently withholding an angle during a video replay against phi years ago that showed the goalie pull the puck out behind the post which logically would've meant it was a goal, the call was no goal.

Pretty sure goals have been called while the puck was in the glove. And there isn't much conclusive about that. Same situation here, only with a blocker. The puck was in, it should've been a goal. Use common sense, NHL.

I know why it was called the way it was. But it's still wrong - because the puck was in the net.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
This will be the last I respond because there's no clearer way to put this.

The rule states there must be visual evidence of a 100% unobstructed puck over the goal line. If it's in a glove, if it's behind a post, if it's under the goalie's fat ass, as long as there's no shot where there's white space between the puck and the red line, it's not a goal.

You should know this since a pitt staff member of their video production crew was fired for apparently withholding an angle during a video replay against phi years ago that showed the goalie pull the puck out behind the post which logically would've meant it was a goal, the call was no goal.

Huh? Your last point has zero relavance. But please, go find me the actual wording of the video review rule with respect to goals across line. I'm currently looking at the NHL rulebook and see nothing saying as you say.

There's currently the conclusive standard. And while I'm well aware how stupid of a standard they've held that to before, again, say it with me again, that doesn't make it right.

Lets say I'm watching uninterrupted satellite images that show you get into a car (no sun roof), then sees that car, non-stop drive from point A to point B and you get out of the car from at point B. I can conclusively say, you were inside the car in-between point A and point B even though the Car's roof may have stopped me from actually seeing you inside the car at that time..

And they have in fact called good goals when they have seen the puck go in a glove, and the glove clearly crosses the line (and I've seen that same call go the other way). Again, the NHL needs to take another look on what it considers conclusive.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I can't believe the Wings won this.

Even sweeter because Kronwall exposes Benn for the game winner.

Cold Medicine

Apr 4, 2014
Completely unacceptable non call. That game should never have gone to overtime. What an embarrassment for the league.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Yeah that's a tough one for Dallas. Osgood tried to spin it saying the shove wasn't that bad.... but it really was that bad. I'd be livid if it was the other way around.

Can't say I'm not pleased with the result however! Love seeing the 4 point night by Datsyuk. I hope Zetterberg is fine.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Dallas is freaking terrible. How many 2 goal leads do you need to lose to lose the game?

That Red Wings goal was a joke though. The officiating in this league is getting worse and worse.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Dallas is freaking terrible. How many 2 goal leads do you need to lose to lose the game?

That Red Wings goal was a joke though. The officiating in this league is getting worse and worse.

I guess that makes the score 100 to 1 now, with the 100 being the number of times Detroit has had goals stolen from them the past few years.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I guess that makes the score 100 to 1 now, with the 100 being the number of times Detroit has had goals stolen from them.

Doesn't make it right. And I've seen plenty of the goals Detroit fans are screaming about being called wrong and they were called correctly. So I'm not buying it.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Must be the NHL's official apology to Abdelkader for stealing Datsyuk's highlight reel goal back in November against Montreal due to nonexistent interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad