GDT: HFBoards GDT: 02/18/2024 | The smaller NHL Inside Games Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
1708246151389.png

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Thought the retirment jersey was very well done! Surprised he didn't mention Rucizka tbh. It was emotional when he saved his parents for last knowing his Dad passed recently.

Growing up during his hey day.. people weren't always kind about him. He was a Euro player and 'people' like Don Cherry would just shit on him daily. This was a big part of the culture in the 90s.

Shit like he can't play because of a split end or a hang nail was a common insult or calling him Yanny Yagr. It was hard to be a Czech fan and listen to that shit (or be called it). So it was nice to see a full arena cheering him.

Imagine calling a player who is still playing in his 50's and rarely missed games 'soft' because his nationality wasn't a 'good old boy' from a prairie? Dude is an absolute warrior and a lot of those 'good ole boys' sure had some of their own warts during that time!

Camera panned away from Lang so didn't see him but was happy to see Hrdina and Slegr walking in. Wish Straka had been there. His LW joke was hillarious - I loved playing him because he never wanted the puck.lol

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Thought the retirment jersey was very well done! Surprised he didn't mention Rucizka tbh. It was emotional when he saved his parents for last knowing his Dad passed recently.

Growing up during his hey day.. people weren't always kind about him. He was a Euro player and 'people' like Don Cherry would just shit on him daily. This was a big part of the culture in the 90s.

Shit like he can't play because of a split end or a hang nail was a common insult or calling him Yanny Yagr. It was hard to be a Czech fan and listen to that shit (or be called it). So it was nice to see a full arena cheering him.

Imagine calling a player who is still playing in his 50's and rarely missed games 'soft' because his nationality wasn't a 'good old boy' from a prairie? Dude is an absolute warrior and a lot of those 'good ole boys' sure had some of their own warts during that time!

Camera panned away from Lang so didn't see him but was happy to see Hrdina and Slegr walking in. Wish Straka had been there. His LW joke was hillarious - I loved playing him because he never wanted the puck.lol
I love how many showed up for him. This seemed more elaborate than most jersey retirements. He deserves it.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I saw more goals in the last 4 minutes of the NY/NJ game than I've seen in 40 minutes of this LA/PIT game.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Seeing Jagr on the ice once more with the player who will be crowned the greatest since Lemieux when he retires was pretty cool

Reactions: Dessloch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad