GDT: HFBoards GDT: 02/09/2024 | 3 Games.... some might even be hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
@HanSolo everything was going good until you started posting

That Leo kid has some game in him, he looked like the best skater on the ice tonight
Refs were bound to pull some f*** shit against the Ducks. Happens pretty much every game.

Credit to the Oilers. They're the better team. Overall pretty happy with the Ducks' effort given the injuries and difference in roster strength.

And yeah, Leo's still learning the tricks of the trade at the NHL level but once he does he's going to be big time. Such a smart player with physical gifts to go with it.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
@Leonardo87 it was close, but no Michelangelo87 tonight

Refs were bound to pull some f*** shit against the Ducks. Happens pretty much every game.

Credit to the Oilers. They're the better team. Overall pretty happy with the Ducks' effort given the injuries and difference in roster strength.

And yeah, Leo's still learning the tricks of the trade at the NHL level but once he does he's going to be big time. Such a smart player with physical gifts to go with it.
Unfortunate that the incompetence of the refs ultimately decided this game

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017

You watched that game and thought the refs f***ed Anaheim? Plenty of missed calls both ways.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You watched that game and thought the refs f***ed Anaheim? Plenty of missed calls both ways.
Well I'll admit I didn't watch the whole game, but I wasn't commenting on the whole game. Leo gets a penalty for his man tripping over his own feet, then Draisaitl actually made leg contact against a puckless Vakanaainen which caused him to fall and it's not a penalty. Difference is Edmonton got a late powerplay right after getting a momentum boost from tying the game, Anaheim gets a ref who watched a penalty happen right in front of him decide to put the whistles away.

Obviously, that shit happens all the time and obviously the onus is on Anaheim to kill the late penalty and find a way to get an equalizer. I'm not necessarily putting all the blame on the refs. Anaheim didn't do what they needed to at least get the extra point. On the other hand, it's an all too common story in Ducks games where they'll get called for ticky tack shit while their opponents get away with blatant penalties left and right. It's less commentary about this particular game and more about how Anaheim has been officiated all year. In this game, it just happened to bite them at a crucial moment in the game and the penalty on Carlsson just straight up should not have been called. Ref saw an Oiler go down and made an assumption.

Reactions: Three On Zero

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
I'm glad the Oilers aren't fully braindead and continue winning against teams that are below them in the standings. Because losing to them at this point would be embarrassing.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Well I'll admit I didn't watch the whole game, but I wasn't commenting on the whole game. Leo gets a penalty for his man tripping over his own feet, then Draisaitl actually made leg contact against a puckless Vakanaainen which caused him to fall and it's not a penalty. Difference is Edmonton got a late powerplay right after getting a momentum boost from tying the game, Anaheim gets a ref who watched a penalty happen right in front of him decide to put the whistles away.

Obviously, that shit happens all the time and obviously the onus is on Anaheim to kill the late penalty and find a way to get an equalizer. I'm not necessarily putting all the blame on the refs. Anaheim didn't do what they needed to at least get the extra point. On the other hand, it's an all too common story in Ducks games where they'll get called for ticky tack shit while their opponents get away with blatant penalties left and right. It's less commentary about this particular game and more about how Anaheim has been officiated all year. In this game, it just happened to bite them at a crucial moment in the game and the penalty on Carlsson just straight up should not have been called. Ref saw an Oiler go down and made an assumption.
That was a clear penalty I agree. We had plenty of gripes as well.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That was a clear penalty I agree. We had plenty of gripes as well.
Wouldn't doubt it, but I only started watching in the third.

In any case I would never pretend that the Ducks are a squeaky clean paragon of discipline, but taking the season as a whole, not just talking about tonight, it really does feel that even if you looked at things objectively, the Ducks get called for a disproportionately higher number of penalties, often borderline, than their opponents who will commonly get away with 5-6 blatant offenses. So my comment really was more about the body of the ref's work this year in relation to a key moment that cost Anaheim an OT session.

And I mean, I could say I'm biased since Anaheim is in that 1A/1B situation I have where I'm supporting the Knights as my local team, but like, if I'm looking at both teams objectively, I can say that Vegas gets much better treatment and commonly get away with 3-4 calls a night on average and their games are either proportionately called or the calls end up slightly in Vegas' favor. With Anaheim it's a totally different story.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Where was this complaint when SIlverberg was interfering with McDavid, McDavid returns the favor 10 seconds after and gets called.

Refs didnt f*** anyone.

They just suck.

@Leonardo87 it was close, but no Michelangelo87 tonight

Unfortunate that the incompetence of the refs ultimately decided this game
You don't actually believe this do you?

Since you're a huge fan of analytics. The game wasn't close.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I'm not sure why but during this last little win streak that Edmonton has been on, the officiating has just put away the whistles completely, treating it like the 3rd period of a playoff game. If they call the actual infractions tonight, probably looking at about 5 PP's each, instead of the 2.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
That's not true!!

Here you can see the moment Pettersson fell from the rafters and hit the ice.

View attachment 817238
Another good flop

nlkwm4vi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad