GDT: HFBoards GDT | 02/09/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2010
Such a close call on that OT non-winner. If the referee had called it a goal on the ice, it would have stood as such - it was really just that close.

In my opinion, it was in - and I had vCash :naughty: riding on the Coyotes to win.

Coyotes take it in the shootout.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Such a close call on that OT non-winner. If the referee had called it a goal on the ice, it would have stood as such - it was really just that close.

In my opinion, it was in - and I had vCash :naughty: riding on the Coyotes to win.

Coyotes take it in the shootout.

I agree and I'm still pretty confident that it was in, but they seem to use different standards of review on those calls, depending which team of refs is doing the deciding.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Every replay they showed on NBCSN had the puck still touching the line. Barely, but it was there.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
I think that was the right call based on the view we had. Maybe it was in right before Smith reached it, but Smith and Michalek's sticks went over the puck at the first frame where it may have fully crossed the line, so they couldn't have overruled the no goal call.

I fully support the tank, so this isn't me being a homer. :p

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Every replay they showed on NBCSN had the puck still touching the line. Barely, but it was there.
One thing that makes it tough is that the camera is slightly behind the goal line to avoid the crossbar. So with the angle it can show a puck over the line to be slightly on it if it's not laying flat. This one was so close that a simple difference in angle can make the difference.

Aug 3, 2010
Flames sweep the season series against the Sharks with the *highly probable* win tonight. (Posting with 1:30 left to go in the game and 4-1 Flames.)

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Flames, Ducks and Sharks got a rock-paper-scissor thing going.

Flames>Sharks>Ducks>Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad