GDT: HFBoards GDT: 02/05/2024 | Hockey is back... not much of it, but some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
there was an onslaught of shots towards the end of the game. not hard to understand.
Where was the Leafs’ compete at 5 on 5 with their top guys? Imo the core guys don’t play hard enough when competing for ice.

Reactions: dukeofjive

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Another blown 2 points in the final few minutes for the Leafs

They must lead the league in that category

Somehow Keefe is still safe. Mind blowing how this can continue to happen and the leadership is cool with it
I think Pens fans would tell you keefe and the leafs have nothing on Sully and his Penguins when it come to throwing leads out the window.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I think Pens fans would tell you keefe and the leafs have nothing on Sully and his Penguins when it come to throwing leads out the window.
Dubas absolutely destroying organizations

Feels like the Leafs have done this at least 5 times in the last month or so

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I disagree. Imo the Leafs top players rely too much on odd man opportunities. When ice is open they are gone but I’ve is competed for their games fall off.

They had more chances 5 on 5 though. Sorokin outplayed Samsonov.

• Haha
Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Again that’s your opinion. I disagree. The goalies sawed off. The Leafs top guys needed to be better at evens.

Both moneypuck and naturalstattrick had the Leafs as the better team 5 on 5.

The goalie is part of the team and the Isles deserved to win but to say they were outplayed 5 on 5 or didn't show up is false.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007

The goalie is part of the team and the Isles deserved to win but to say they were outplayed 5 on 5 or didn't show up is false.
Nobody said anyone didn't show up, but I'll put it out there, Tuzzi should have stayed home.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Dubas absolutely destroying organizations

Feels like the Leafs have done this at least 5 times in the last month or so
Wait till Crosby leaves and Dubas / Sullivan in charge of a rebuild. lol.
Penguins will be terrible. Dubas will eventually fire Sullivan, then he will leave one way or another having won sweet f#$@ all in Pittsburg.
I'll be surprised if Dubas's Penguins ever take part in a play off game. It will very likely be that long a drought.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoreMogilny

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

The score was 3- doughnut at evens. It’s pretty clear the Leafs, and imo their top guys, struggled to compete at 5 on 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad