GDT: HFBoards GDT: 01/27/2024 | 14 games, the last big day before the ASG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
ok

re-read my post. I said the homerism from the team announcers regarding the major.

It still wasn't a HNIC broadcast. HNIC = 7est and 10est games.

You also said “The Vancouver PP guys homerism on a national broadcast is hilarious and how they are arguing the call” so now not only are you moving the goalposts. You’re also just wrong with your statement.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
This Canucks team is different. What a game.
It was a good comeback, but lets be real. They played bad in the 2nd after a good 1st and the refs handed them 3 PP's very quickly (which they still had to score on). They tilted this game. Changed everything.

Columbus should have had a 2 man advantage, but they mysteriously take Cole out and change their mind on boarding and give Meyers a major.

Columbus still had a chance to score but they looked like a pee wee team on that PP lolll.

Think Vancouver only has 1 regulation loss in January. These guys just don't stop!! I will be happy if my team can take 2nd place and home ice.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
You also said “The Vancouver PP guys homerism on a national broadcast is hilarious and how they are arguing the call” so now not only are you moving the goalposts. You’re also just wrong with your statement.
im sorry I can't hear you with 16 fingers in my ears

Reactions: Regal

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Whole gist of my post is that NHL games are not just easy when a lower team comes in. Van is tops right now and almost lost to Columbus twice now. Vegas lost to Detroit (They aren't a bad team, but considered bad on the 16 game streak).

No easy games. I think CHI should have won tonight lol. They ahd a zillion breakaways and scoring hances.

I still give credit to them. CHI plays hard with all of their injuries.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
It was a good comeback, but lets be real. They played bad in the 2nd after a good 1st and the refs handed them 3 PP's very quickly (which they still had to score on). They tilted this game. Changed everything.

Columbus should have had a 2 man advantage, but they mysteriously take Cole out and change their mind on boarding and give Meyers a major.

Columbus still had a chance to score but they looked like a pee wee team on that PP lolll.

Think Vancouver only has 1 regulation loss in January. These guys just don't stop!! I will be happy if my team can take 2nd place and home ice.

They earned the PPs by tilting the ice again in the third, like they did in the 1st.

Things went against them in the 2nd & they responded when the game was possibly out of reach. Teams of years past wouldn't have.

Comment still stands.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

It’s either reffing or PDO excuses with you in every Canucks game thread.
Get a new schtick! You sound like a broken record. 😆

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017

The team that's dominating generally gets the more PPs. How does that bother you?

Also, you watch every game (somehow). Don't you recall the recent road trip where the Canucks were going games at a time without a pp and still destroyed everybody. But then it was all PDO of course. How do you turn around and imply the refs are suddenly Canucks homers? It's an absurd suggestion.

It does feel like you have an excuse built in for every game. I wonder if hate watching every game against a rival team is good for one's mental health? Just a thought.

I will agree on one thing, the Canucks should've had a 2 minute 5 on 3 against. However those kinds of lenient calls are made on every team. Believe it or not, referees bias towards not deciding the outcome as much as some people think they are trying to be the center of attention.

Overall they had a dominant game with a bad stretch of play where they didn't get saves. Anyone who thinks they didn't deserve this win needs their eyes checked.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker

Honestly this might be the nicest post you've ever made about the Canucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad