GDT: HFBoards GDT | 01/27/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier Laflamme*

You obviously don't know what too many men is either. If they changed legally, Letang would've been well behind the blue line.

55a4bdd612b54657d4c84ad1c93d56c4.png

And Despres is clearly on the bench :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh yeah, I have a group chat with family members and we all admitted we got away with one there.

It's happened to the Pens this season, as well as evey team. Unfair to isolate one missed call just on the Pens and ignore the rest that consistsntly get blown in all other games though.

Not saying you are.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Oh yeah, I have a group chat with family members and we all admitted we got away with one there.

It's happened to the Pens this season, as well as evey team. Unfair to isolate one missed call just on the Pens and ignore the rest that consistsntly get blown in all other games though.

Not saying you are.

See, this I'm fine with. That other Pens fan saying he knows the rules is laughable. Because he clearly doesn't :laugh:

Roots broadcasters are internationally known to be the biggest homers and even they half admitted they got away with one there. That should've cemented any argument right from the get go.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
You obviously don't know what too many men is either. If they changed legally, Letang would've been well behind the blue line.

That isn't too many men. Letang didn't touch the puck or make physical contact with anyone until Despres was onto the bench. You're allowed to come off the bench early as long as you don't make a play

Untitledadf.png

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
That isn't too many men. Letang didn't touch the puck or make physical contact with anyone until Despres was onto the bench. You're allowed to come off the bench early as long as you don't make a play

Untitledadf.png

Tell me who has possession of the puck please?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Which means?

I don't understand what you're getting at. Letang comes on while Despres is coming off, Downie carries the puck in and passes it to Letang entering the zone

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Leave it to Brian Strait to ruin the shutout for Halak

The refs ruined that shutout. How the **** did the Islanders end up a man down at the end of the game? They blew the whistle because the rangers were getting a penalty, glass roughs up martin and then they both try to go, and then somehow the Islanders are down a man.

penguins2946*

Letang didn't have the puck then, so no, it's not a too many men on the ice call. When Letang got the puck, Despres was on the bench, which made it entirely legal. But nice try though. I really don't think you know what too many men is. Look at the definition I posted on the last page, that was in no, way shape or form a penalty. If Letang would have had the puck in the frame you posted, you would have a point.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Wait, are people acting like byfuglien purposefully running downie into the boards after a goal was scored and coming out of it with no penalty kill never happened?

Good thing gameday threads aren't archived or else a lot of you would be looking mighty hypocritical complaining about officials now compared to your statements then.

Haha!

No one claimed that wasn't a penalty and it sounds like who you're really angry at is Downie for being a hotheaded little piece of **** and taking an offsetting minor.

And don't forget Byfuglien's 10 minute misconduct later in that game for having a little-***hole-garbage-plug mad a him (I think that's what it said on the gamesheet).

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
I don't understand what you're getting at. Letang comes on while Despres is coming off, Downie carries the puck in and passes it to Letang entering the zone

They have 6 players on the ice while in possession of the puck, dictating play.If Letang changed legally he would've been 10 feet behind where he received the puck, creating a chance that shouldn't have happened.

That is clear cut too many men. It boggles me you can't see it even though you just EXPLAINED why it was a penalty :laugh:

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Letang didn't have the puck then, so no, it's not a too many men on the ice call. When Letang got the puck, Despres was on the bench, which made it entirely legal. But nice try though. I really don't think you know what too many men is. Look at the definition I posted on the last page, that was in no, way shape or form a penalty. If Letang would have had the puck in the frame you posted, you would have a point.

So what you're arguing is that you can have 6 guys on the ice for as long as you want as long as that 6th guy who came out doesn't touch the puck until someone jumps off?

:scratchhead

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
They have 6 players on the ice while in possession of the puck, dictating play.If Letang changed legally he would've been 10 feet behind where he received the puck, creating a chance that shouldn't have happened.

That is clear cut too many men. It boggles me you can't see it even though you just EXPLAINED why it was a penalty :laugh:

It doesn't matter what player has possession of the puck, VM even posted a quote from a rulebook for you on the last page. All that matters is that neither player touches the puck and neither touches another player

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
So what you're arguing is that you can have 6 guys on the ice for as long as you want as long as that 6th guy who came out doesn't touch the puck until someone jumps off?

Don't bother with him, he doesn't even know what charging is :laugh:

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
It doesn't matter what player has possession of the puck, VM even posted a quote from a rulebook for you on the last page. All that matters is that neither player touches the puck and neither touches another player

So again, your argument is what? That you can have 6 guys on the ice? As long as that 6th guy doesnt touch the puck, or hit anyone, this is legal?

penguins2946*

No, I literally never said that. The premature substitution rule says:

Players may be changed at any time
during the play from the players’ bench provided that the player or
players leaving the ice shall be within five feet (5') of his players’
bench and out of the play before the change is made.

Despres was within 5 feet of the bench when Letang got on the ice, and Letang never played the puck or played the body when Despres was on the ice. So it was completely legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad