GDT: HFBoards GDT: 01/26/2024 | 4 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
They have them at almost every zoo in every major city. Some people just aren’t good at thinking.
Is Pittsburgh a major city? I lived in Philly for a while, but never occured to me that the Commonwealth had 2 major cities.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Koalas about to go on the endangered species list again. :(

Koala.jpg

EDIT:

Kevin Fiala, noted Koala conservationist, says not so fast!
jk back on the list

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Have you ever seen a Kraken in Seattle?!

I was at Ivar's awhile back and saw a homeless dude repeatedly slamming a shopping cart against the reinforced glass partition between the outdoor seating area and the street.

EDIT: sorry; I meant "person experiencing being a homeless dude".

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Downtown Pittsburgh is actually pretty decent.

And I have actually been to their Zoo - but it’s out by like Penn Hills.

Pittsburgh is regularly ranked as one of the most livable cities in the country by major sources.

So it’s not just me pulling a homer card on it. Yeah some may not like it because it isn’t a “major” city. It’s small with all the amenities of a big city. And you are in hills and forest in a 15 minute drive without traffic if you aren’t into the city life. (If you are into that kind of thing)

And yeah the zoo is a little northwest of the city in a weird spot. Best thing about Pittsburgh is the sporting arenas being walkable within the city. Much like Baltimore and DC.

Reactions: RedRocking

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
  • Haha
Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Pittsburgh is regularly ranked as one of the most livable cities in the country by major sources.

So it’s not just me pulling a homer card on it. Yeah some may not like it because it isn’t a “major” city. It’s small with all the amenities of a big city. And you are in hills and forest in a 15 minute drive without traffic if you aren’t into the city life. (If you are into that kind of thing)

And yeah the zoo is a little northwest of the city in a weird spot. Best thing about Pittsburgh is the sporting arenas being walkable within the city. Much like Baltimore and DC.
Yea my Dad actually grew up in the city, so I have a ton of family in the area. So I’ve visited many, many times.

It’s def an underrated city that people who have never been just tend to rag on.

I actually root for all your teams cause of my Dad, EXCEPT the Pens cause of the rivalry with the Caps obviously.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007

Still rather live in Corpus Christi.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Yea my Dad actually grew up in the city, so I have a ton of family in the area. So I’ve visited many, many times.

It’s def an underrated city that people who have never been just tend to rag on.

I actually root for all your teams cause of my Dad, EXCEPT the Pens cause of the rivalry with the Caps obviously.

Tell your dad he’s the man then. We can agree to disagree when it comes to hockey then 🤣

Reactions: RedRocking

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
Kraken's organ player is so cool.

Hey, did you hear about the naked guy that was running around the church?

They caught him by the organ.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Still rather live in Corpus Christi.

Well yeah push comes to shove I would also rather live on the coast in better weather. Although I’m not sure how I would do in a Texas summer.

Although if I wanted better weather and being on the coast I would choose a bunch of other places.

One of my older brothers lives down in the Bradenton/Sarasota area and it’s awesome down there especially this time of year.

I could see myself living there but it costs a pretty penny to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad