GDT: HFBoards GDT: 01/25/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerevarine

Nov 14, 2019
If you're a team in the west you have to be terrified to face the oilers in the playoffs right now, there isnt a single team that has a chance with the way they are currently playing.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I am here for boring ass responsible oilers hockey in the mcdrai era.

15 wins in a row

13 in a row with 2 or fewer goals against

8 in a row giving up 3 or less shots against in the final 10 minutes of the third.

6 in a row without giving up a 3rd period goal

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Even the league is trying everything they can to stop this train. Another example of the atrocious missed calls tonight like the delay of game non call, tripping Hyman on an open net, etc

Since the streak started we are 29th in the league in power plays opportunities per game. Pretty crazy for a team that has won literally every game.

Oilers also had 4 games they got absolutely goalied in that I can count right away. 1st WPG/2nd VAN game/Dallas/Tampa to end the 8 game streak. Few games before the 2 streaks where they also blew 2-0 leads and got no goaltending

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
With how they are playing I think most Western teams are salivating at a chance to play them in the playoffs (LA sure isn’t)

swing-and-miss-ron-swanson.gif

Fk8cQdcX0AA8LeK.jpg

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Since the streak started we are 29th in the league in power plays opportunities per game. Pretty crazy for a team that has won literally every game.
That's almost as impressive as the streak itself. Game management has apparently become streak management when it comes to the Oilers.

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
Maybe not, but we are 48 games in and 1st overall in the league. Something is clicking besides luck.
Canucks are obviously a good team this year, but we're already seeing their shooting percentage and save percentage drop.
With how they are playing I think most Western teams are salivating at a chance to play them in the playoffs (LA sure isn’t)
You're talking about the paper tiger Canucks, aren't you? Yeah they'll be in for a nice treat come playoffs when they're not shooting 20%

Reactions: Duke74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad