GDT: HFBoards GDT: 01/20/2024 | 12 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
That was an ugly game
Started very good with Edmonton flying, but after they came out of the 1st only up 1-0 when they should have been up 4-0 they got a bit sloppy in the 2nd on the defensive side. They cleaned it up in the 3rd and played a safe and mature, but boring game to close it out instead of letting the run and gun continue. Oilers of past years would have kept run and gunning on a night where they had zero finish and the other team's goalie was playing really well and would have ended up losing that 5-2. Obvious signs of maturity.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Vladar man. Even against Toronto he made some crazy saves in the third to keep that game from a big blowout

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
That game winning goal was dis GUSTING
When you're hot you're hot I guess.

I will say that's probably the best defense I've watched the Oilers play since McLellan. Even McDrai were quality in their end tonight. Flames powerplay needs jesus
You had to know that the game winner in this hard fought game was gonna be a lucky/unlucky break.

real nail biter/ barn burner.

I still think the Flames get into a wild card spot.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
That game winning goal was dis GUSTING
When you're hot you're hot I guess.

I will say that's probably the best defense I've watched the Oilers play since McLellan. Even McDrai were quality in their end tonight. Flames powerplay needs jesus
Vladar was the only reason the game was close after the first period. He went at least 4/5 on breakaways. He gave one of those expected goals back in the 3rd.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Flames shouldn't have called a timeout imo. Hyman was tired and just blocked a shot. They gave him a break with the timeout and he went out and owned them.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Ha ha...stupid Flames.....second best in Alberta yet again ad nauseam.......same ole story for basically the last 44 years....

Reactions: McFlyingV

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Oilers with a solid 13 game win streak..... I'll let you get that up to 53 if you promise to immediately lose the next 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad