Line Combos: HFBoards Decides: Opening Lineup - Mr. Hornqvist

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
To clarify, these polls are for voting who you want in what spot -- not what you expect the Penguins to do.

HF is still determining where DP should play.

Some assumptions, as of 9/02/2016 (new in bold):

• Phil Kessel will be healthy and will start the season.
  • Crosby and Malkin are our top two centers and will not play wing.
  • Patric Hornqvist is a right winger and will either be with Crosby or Malkin.
  • Letang is on the first D pairing on the right side.
  • Chris Kunitz has iron.
  • Sprong will NOT be ready for opening day.
  • Matt Cullen will be the 4th line center if he does not win a vote for one of the top wingers.
  • Bryan Rust can play LW and RW.
  • Matt Cullen and Eric Fehr can play all 3 forward positions.
  • Dupuis is not coming back. Just. Don't.
  • Trevor Daley will be healthy for the start of the season.
  • Those FA defenseman signings will not be in the opening lineup, unless as a 7D.
  • Where Derrick Pouliot ends up in his individual poll will help determine the rest of the defensive lineup.

I will add more assumptions as the HFBoards lineup is decided.

Moving on to Hornqvist, who should he start the season with?

Poll specific assumptions:

n/a

tumblr_nyrhtrDQfq1retk6lo1_500.gif

This poll will last for 2 days, as I'm sure it will move fast.

Objections?

Current HFBoards Lineup:

XXX-Crosby-XXX
XXX-Malkin-XXX
Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel
XXX-XXX-XXX

Dumoulin-Letang
XXX-XXX
XXX-XXX
XXX

Murray
MAF

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Anybody who votes that he should start with Malkin should have their block carpet bombed.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Horny with Sid. I really don't see how it's even a discussion.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Considering Malkin and Hornqvist manage to make each other completely ineffectual on the ice, regardless of what the fancy stats might say, this one is easy.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
I was expecting Hornqvist on Crosby wing to be an assumption.

The only reason Hornqvist wouldn't be 1RW is if Bonino goes down, Cullen goes down/is clicking with the 4th liners, and they wanna bump Hagelin and Kessel up to Crosby's line

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
A post without mentioning Geno's injury issues? You're gettin' soft in your old age, Willy. :laugh:

I might be slipping in the ol' brainpan in my advanced age... but at least my limbs aren't hanging on by a scraps of non-surgically-repaired tendons like Evgeni Malkin.

*sigh*

Geez, maybe you're right. That was terrible.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Common sense say's carpet bombing wasn't ever the most accurate way to bomb things.

You only have to be in the near vicinity of a town/street to be caught in it's sights.

Sometimes 30+ miles away from the actual target in a completely different city/town or some farm in the middle of nowhere.

I'd make sure the target was nowhere near me, first.

Smart bombs.... Oldtimer...:)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Common sense say's carpet bombing wasn't ever the most accurate way to bomb things.

You only have to be in the near vicinity of a town/street to be caught in it's sights.

Sometimes 30+ miles away from the actual target in a completely different city/town or some farm in the middle of nowhere.

I'd make sure the target was nowhere near me, first.

Smart bombs.... Oldtimer...:)

Totally off-topic, but while carpet bombing wasn't ever the most accurate way to bomb things, it was the most effective way (with considerable collateral damage) when there was low visibility...which was pretty frequently in WWII.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad