Line Combos: HFBoards Decides: Opening Lineup - David Perron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Malkin won last round in convincing fashion! Kessel will be with Malkin. Hornqvist with Crosby.

Some assumptions, as of 8/24/2015:

• Fehr will not start the season.
  • David Perron is a left winger.
  • Scuderi is staying. So is Lovejoy.
  • Dumoulin would not survive waivers and will stay in the NHL.
  • Clendening, Erixson, and Andersen have a chance to pass through waivers and one will be the 6th or 7th defenseman.
  • Sundqvist has a chance to start in the NHL.
  • Fleury is the starting goalie.
  • Letang is on the first D pairing on the right side.
  • Maatta will play on the left side of whatever pairing he is on.

I will add more assumptions as the HFBoards lineup is decided. You don't like these assumptions? Too bad.

Onto David Perron. Which duo does he play with? Malkin and Kessel? Or Crosby and Hornqvist?

perron1.13.15web2.gif

Voting for this one shall last for two days.

Objections?

Current HFBoards Lineup:

XXX-Crosby-Hornqvist
XXX-Malkin-Kessel
XXX-XXX-XXX
XXX-XXX-XXX

XXX-Letang
XXX-XXX
XXX-XXX
XXX

Fleury
XXX

Should've done this during the Bylsma years and sent it to him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Crosby and Hornqvist. He's a hard-worker with impressive amounts of skill. If he can find his shot, confidence and comfort zone with that line, they'll be one of the best in the league.

Now, I'll take my leave. I'm sure this thread is going to bring out the best rational, civilized hockey discussion. :laugh:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
The results are as expected.

I thought about having Perron and Hornqvist be a package deal from assumptions. But I'm curious as to if anyone thinks Perron with Kessel is a good idea.

Klifton

May 30, 2014
Wahoo, Nebraska
I would think he would be with Sid and Hornqvist, but in reality, it could come down to 2 OTHER players. I think it is going to be a matter of how Kunitz rebounds, and how Plotnikov fits.

If CK rebounds, and can get back to how he preformed before the broken foot, then I would think he would play with Sid/Horny.

If Plotnikov impresses, he could end up with Geno/Kessel.

If one of the above happens, Perron would likely play the other line. I don't know WHAT they would do if both of those things happen.

Wow, I rather like having so much forward talent that it makes figuring out the lines so hard. :nod:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Kunitz with Horny and Perron with Kessel is reminding me of the redundancy of KCD and Iginla-Malkin-Neal. I really hope we don't go that route.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Kunitz with Horny and Perron with Kessel is reminding me of the redundancy of KCD and Iginla-Malkin-Neal. I really hope we don't go that route.

Agree. Also, I think the best chance for a Kunitz rebound year is for him to be 3rd wheel on the Malkin-Kessel line.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
:laugh: sorry. But its straight from the coaches mouth, so its hard to just forget about it.

I voted Crosby and Horny, but its really whichever line Hornqvist is on.

I like to think Johnston went temporarily insane for a few seconds, when saying that. Of course, Johnston will show us when Kunitz/Dupuis are on the top two lines :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Agree. Also, I think the best chance for a Kunitz rebound year is for him to be 3rd wheel on the Malkin-Kessel line.

I still think the best he could do would be playing less minutes on the 3rd line. But here's hoping he can make it a whole season if he's in the top 6.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I like to think Johnston went temporarily insane for a few seconds, when saying that. Of course, Johnston will show us when Kunitz/Dupuis are on the top two lines :laugh:

Remember that time Brandon Sutter was centering Evgeni Malkin?

Note: The proper response is "which time?" because he did it more than once :cry:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think Horny & Perron are more-or-less a package deal.

Whomever doesn't get Kessel gets both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad