Line Combos: HFBoards Decides: Opening Lineup - Bottom D Pairing (Vote for 2)

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
It's looking like Cullen is going to win the 4th line center position. Back to polls about defense.

Some assumptions, as of 9/7/2015:

• Fehr will not start the season.
  • Scuderi is staying. So is Lovejoy.
  • Dumoulin would not survive waivers and will stay in the NHL.
  • Sundqvist, Rust, and Wilson have a slim chance to start in the NHL in a bottom 6 role. Rust and Wilson are not centers, though.
  • Fleury is the starting goalie.
  • Dupuis can play any forward position.
  • Neither Gonchar or Sestito will be signed.

I will add more assumptions as the HFBoards lineup is decided. You don't like these assumptions? Too bad.

This poll is slightly different. Pick the two players who you feel should be on the bottom pairing. I'm fairly confident on what the results will be.

iz6b5.gif

Voting for this one shall last for two days (perhaps even one day). The player who gets the least amount of votes will be the 7th defenseman.

Objections?

Current HFBoards Lineup:

Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist
Plotnikov-Malkin-Kessel
Kunitz-Bonino-Bennett
XXX-Cullen-XXX

Maatta-Letang
Pouliot-Cole
XXX-XXX
XXX

Fleury
XXX

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really don't like Dumoulin-Lovejoy as a pair. I just don't think there's enough puck moving ability between those 2, as in I don't think Dumoulin is a good enough puck mover to make up for Lovejoy's lack of puck moving. That's one reason why I wanted to go with Pouliot-Lovejoy and Dumoulin-Cole if we weren't going to split up Maatta-Letang.

I mean, in this poll, it's so easily Dumoulin-Lovejoy. I just don't like that pair at all. I'd much rather see Dumoulin-Letang, Maatta-Cole and Pouliot-Lovejoy as our 3 D pairs than what was voted on in here.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I really don't like Dumoulin-Lovejoy as a pair. I just don't think there's enough puck moving ability between those 2, as in I don't think Dumoulin is a good enough puck mover to make up for Lovejoy's lack of puck moving. That's one reason why I wanted to go with Pouliot-Lovejoy and Dumoulin-Cole if we weren't going to split up Maatta-Letang.

I mean, in this poll, it's so easily Dumoulin-Lovejoy. I just don't like that pair at all. I'd much rather see Dumoulin-Letang, Maatta-Cole and Pouliot-Lovejoy as our 3 D pairs than what was voted on in here.

Dumoulin is a fantastic passer and has improved his skating a lot. As a bottom pairing guy, lovejoy will do great too. I'd be a lot more concerned about Pouliot and Cole in the top 4 than these two on the bottom pairing.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Dumoulin is a fantastic passer and has improved his skating a lot. As a bottom pairing guy, lovejoy will do great too. I'd be a lot more concerned about Pouliot and Cole in the top 4 than these two on the bottom pairing.

Exactly. DP on the 2nd pair is the problem in these polls, his defensive game is not ready for those assignments or minutes.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Exactly. DP on the 2nd pair is the problem in these polls, his defensive game is not ready for those assignments or minutes.

I definitely wanted Dumoulin on the second pair with Cole. But that's not what ended up winning the poll.

So far Fordy, PensPlz, and Ruufus don't understand how the voting works. And Agalloch1986 is a troll. :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I didn't mean that as in Dumoulin isn't a good puck mover (because he is), I just think it makes more sense to put our best bottom-4 puck mover (Pouliot) with our worst one (Lovejoy). I don't think putting our 3rd and 4th best puck movers of our bottom-4 together on the bottom pair is a smart idea. Is it that big of a deal? Not really, but I think it would be smarter to spread out the puck moving ability.

There's also questions about Pouliot's defensive ability and whether or not it's top-4 ready, I'd just feel a lot more comfortable with Dumoulin-Cole and Pouliot-Lovejoy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad