Line Combos: HFBoards Decides: Opening Lineup - 13th Forward

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Winning 2 to 1, Sundqvist locks up the final spot on the 4th line.

The final applicable assumption, as of 9/22/2015:

• Fehr will not start the season.

For this poll, vote for who you think should be the 13th forward. I've included the previous 2 who lost to Sundqvist for the final spot on the 4th line. Also included are Farnham, Macaroni, Sheary, Uher, and an option for "Other". If you vote other, please specify who.

tumblr_m3vqmjnRii1rq3i3ro5_400.gif

Voting for this one shall last for two days.

Objections?

Current HFBoards Lineup:

Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist
Plotnikov-Malkin-Kessel
Kunitz-Bonino-Bennett
Sundqvist-Cullen-Dupuis
XXX

Maatta-Letang
Pouliot-Cole
Dumoulin-Lovejoy
Scuderi

Fleury
Zatkoff

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
I think the 4th line wingers should be flipped, not that it matters much. Dupuis has played way more on the right and Sundqvist has played almost exclusively LW the past two season.

But for the 13th forward I think it should be Farnham. He's not going to develop anymore in WBS most likely so if he sits for most of the games in Pittsburgh I'd be fine with it.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Farnham, he is what he is and he can put be a sparkplug when needed. Everyone else is still developing apart from Uher and I don't think Uher brings anything more than Farnham.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Farnham.

I hope Uher never gets called up again tbh. You can't have a grinder that only grinds for an eighth of a season.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Farnahm is not a NHL player... if he actually got 2-3 solid months in the NHL people would see he's useless. Fortunately we never will have to see that.

Last edited:

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
He is worthless if he ever stops being able to draw penalties at will. He generates offense indirectly, despite being relatively talentless himself. He will be immensely valuable to us this year.....with this PP unit.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...4_s&f2=5v5&f7=10-&c=0+1+3+5+41+42+43+44+45+46

If he played more than like 10 games in his NHL career his numbers wouldn't be near that.

My point is if he was in the NHL he wouldnt be able to draw near as many penalties. Eventually teams will figure out the BS.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
If he played more than like 10 games in his NHL career his numbers wouldn't be near that.

My point is if he was in the NHL he wouldnt be able to draw near as many penalties. Eventually teams will figure out the BS.

Maybe, maybe not. He doesn't just draw penalties by being an annoying pest. He draws them by being crazy fast and tenacious as well.

I don't think he should be in the every day lineup, but he can be a valuable player for this team.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Maybe, maybe not. He doesn't just draw penalties by being an annoying pest. He draws them by being crazy fast and tenacious as well.

I don't think he should be in the every day lineup, but he can be a valuable player for this team.

I wouldn't mind him as much but the fanboism on this site for him really blows me away. I think half this board would start him over kunitz or dupuis.

He's just a scrappy little guy that drew a few penalties while having 0g and 0a. He's a nothing player and nothing to worry why he's not in the lineup.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I wouldn't mind him as much but the fanboism on this site for him really blows me away. I think half this board would start him over kunitz or dupuis.

He's just a scrappy little guy that drew a few penalties while having 0g and 0a. He's a nothing player and nothing to worry why he's not in the lineup.

So he makes perfect sense as the 13th forward.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
So he makes perfect sense as the 13th forward.

If he never sees the ice sure. However, constant griping on this board about how he should be playing everyday hell no.

I'd rather have sheary get a chance to see what he can do every few games.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
If he never sees the ice sure. However, constant griping on this board about how he should be playing everyday hell no.

I'd rather have sheary get a chance to see what he can do every few games.

Sheary's still improving, he should be playing every game whether that's in the AHL or NHL.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Sheary's still improving, he should be playing every game whether that's in the AHL or NHL.

I agree, my point is aside from an emergency situation; i'd rather see sheary playing than farnham.

For example if someone goes down for injury for 2 weeks; i'd rather sheary play than farnham. If it's the flu and its one game, who really cares I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad