HFBoards 2020 OHL Mock Draft

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Windsor board is lit up with many opinions of who Bowler should pick. Surprised nobody has jumped in here on their behalf.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Only 4 teams left, I'd like to get this started by this evening, if not tomorrow. It'll be 1 hour time slots per team, with drafting occurring from first slot at 9am last slot at 9pm. Every user would DM the user after them to make their pick, though it is not mandatory until the end of your time slot. Should we start tonight it will be at 7pm, with North Bay on the clock, if we don't fill the slots, it will be as soon as possible tomorrow. If you can't make your pick, DM myself a list of who you'd want and I can take the top player left on your list in your slot, or let us know in advance and we can make other arrangements.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Can I suggest the clock on each pick starts when the previous pick is made and lasts an hour? Still can keep it from 9am-9pm, but that way you can probably make a lot more than 12 picks a day.

Also, perhaps open up the last few spots to everyone (not just fans of that particular team). Better than holding up the mock draft as you want to get it started.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Can I suggest the clock on each pick starts when the previous pick is made and lasts an hour? Still can keep it from 9am-9pm, but that way you can probably make a lot more than 12 picks a day.

Also, perhaps open up the last few spots to everyone (not just fans of that particular team). Better than holding up the mock draft as you want to get it started.
I would agree with the first part

as for the remaining teams, we could open that up to any fans if those respective teams don’t answer by a certain time this evening

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

Sure, works for me. Just wanted to attempt to make it work for people with tough schedules.

Of course, I'm good with anyone taking any team.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
@hockeynorth you may also want to lay out rules for what happens if someone misses a pick. Do they get bumped down the list until they report? Does someone else pick for them?

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
@hockeynorth you may also want to lay out rules for what happens if someone misses a pick. Do they get bumped down the list until they report? Does someone else pick for them?
I think it’s best that if someone misses their pick, @hockeynorth or some other volunteer slides in and just picks what they think would be BPA at that spot. This is simply a mock draft and would prefer the order of the teams stays consistent with the actual draft

Those partaking should turn on DM alerts as a reminder. I do like the idea of once you are given a DM alert, you have 1 hour to make your pick before someone else posts the selection for you

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
Who on the board would want to conduct a mock draft? We could do 1st, maybe even 2nd round (or more I suppose) if posters wanted to. I'd represent the wolves if enough posters are interested to do it, we'd need someone representing every team however. Could also do it where we ask each board to vote on a pick. Let me know however as time is running out, but would be a fun self-isolation, hockey related thing. I'd like to start the draft by Wednesday Evening/Thursday Morning, with posters dming the next poster to draft.

So reply if you're interested along with which team, and whether you'd want it to be a vote for every board, or individual posters choose and if we have enough lets get it started!

Draft order (round 1):
  1. North Bay
  2. Niagara
  3. Sarnia
  4. Sault Ste Marie
  5. Kingston
  6. Hamilton
  7. Missisauga
  8. Erie
  9. Barrie
  10. Owen Sound
  11. Sudbury
  12. Guelph
  13. Oshawa
  14. Windsor
  15. Peterborough
  16. Flint
  17. Kitchener
  18. Saginaw
  19. London
  20. Ottawa
Potential round 2 (if we have time):
  1. Hamilton
  2. London
  3. Peterborough
  4. Flint
  5. London
  6. Ottawa
  7. Niagara
  8. Sudbury
  9. Missisauga
  10. North Bay
  11. Saginaw
  12. Guelph
  13. Niagara
  14. Sarnia
  15. Peterborough
  16. Windsor
  17. Owen Sound
  18. Missisauga
  19. Windsor
  20. Erie

Posters - Team:
@hockeynorth - Sudbury Wolves
@Petes - Peterborough Petes
@Kingpin794 - Saginaw Spirit
@Generalsupdates - Oshawa Generals
@StingUpdates - Sarnia Sting
@sirius67fan - Ottawa 67s
@kidconko - Kingston Frontenacs
@nelli27 - London Knights
@Patricia - North Bay Battalion
@MatthewsMoustache - Kitchener Rangers
@Dog Fan - Niagara Ice Dogs
@AttackSound - Owen Sound Attack
@HockeyPops - Soo Greyhounds
@NOA - Erie Otters
@zaluty - Hamilton Bulldogs
@howlman - Mississauga Steelheads

NEED:
Barrie Colts
Flint Firebirds
Guelph Storm
Windsor Spitfires

Important: watch this thread once you've committed!

Barrie Colts

Reactions: HockeyPops

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I think it’s best that if someone misses their pick, @hockeynorth or some other volunteer slides in and just picks what they think would be BPA at that spot. This is simply a mock draft and would prefer the order of the teams stays consistent with the actual draft

Those partaking should turn on DM alerts as a reminder. I do like the idea of once you are given a DM alert, you have 1 hour to make your pick before someone else posts the selection for you
Exactly this

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
We need someone to pick for Guelph, Windsor, and Flint. @TribalPhoenix and @Voice from the North if either of you want to pick from those three go ahead. We need three more people.

I suggest if someone misses their pick, we either take the highest rated played left from Brock Ottens list, Prospect Pipelines, or the Barrie Colts blog. It will be you have 1 hour after the person in front of you makes a pick to make yours, at which point it will be chosen from one of those three lists, I don't care which.

Reactions: NOA

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
@Savard18 we still need someone for Flint
If I was gonna do it, I’d have to take it serious and be fully legit about it and I just don’t have time right now. Assess current draftees and possible recruits, positions of need throughout the org now and over the next few years. Then go read and watch video on tons of kids and which ones are NCAA/NTDP committed and all that. I just haven’t followed minor midget stuff much this year and would be putting myself out there to get roasted when I’m really lacking knowledge on this years draft class. I’d be totally throwing darts after round 3 and possibly even before that. I hate half azzing stuff y’know? Sorry. I’d love to see any Flint fan step up and show their stuff though.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
If I was gonna do it, I’d have to take it serious and be fully legit about it and I just don’t have time right now. Assess current draftees and possible recruits, positions of need throughout the org now and over the next few years. Then go read and watch video on tons of kids and which ones are NCAA/NTDP committed and all that. I just haven’t followed minor midget stuff much this year and would be putting myself out there to get roasted when I’m really lacking knowledge on this years draft class. I’d be totally throwing darts after round 3 and possibly even before that. I hate half azzing stuff y’know? Sorry. I’d love to see any Flint fan step up and show their stuff though.
I didn’t think we were doing more than 2/3 rounds..

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Guys, I can't figure out how to turn on email alerts for DMs (also known as "conversations"). I get an alert when I get a new "conversation" message, but it isn't an email alert. I have managed to watch this thread and turned on email alerts for this thread though. Does anyone know how to turn on email alerts for conversations?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad