GDT: HFBoard GDT | 1/20/20| only 2 games today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You've probably summoned a certain fanbase after that post is all I'm saying.
Oh lol. Nah they’re good lads. Just a few outliers but the majority of their fan base realize Makar is better right now. They just like to let it be known he’s a year older which is a legit point when considering the future.

Reactions: El Travo

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Just the way the divisions aligned. If he were in the pacific he’d be the best defenseman on their all star team.

giphy.gif

Sorry, I just really wanted to post this gif. Carry on.

Reactions: El Travo

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
All-Star game in St. Louis, Blues just won the Cup. Let 'em stack their guys. Not really a thing I lose sleep over. I'd rather Avs get the rest. Makar has a lot to look forward to beyond a missed trip to Missouri.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Mildly sad that old color guy from detroit retired or whatever. This new guy the wings have is just so, so embarrassingly bad. He's so dimwitted.

It's Osgood... And it beats listening to Mickey drone on and on about the bad penalty called two periods ago.

Oh, and give us back Lauren Jbara.

Reactions: RandomAvsFan

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I just ignored it when we played. Osgood sounds like he has no clue what he's doing. So many awkward silences and miscalls. Just 2 games a year though.

I actually don't mind him. He's vastly improved from when he started. I met him years ago and he came across as a really introverted guy, so it just took some time for him to break out of his shell.

Likewise I can't stand Colorado's commentary. I'll watch them since they poached Jbara though.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I actually don't mind him. He's vastly improved from when he started. I met him years ago and he came across as a really introverted guy, so it just took some time for him to break out of his shell.

Likewise I can't stand Colorado's commentary. I'll watch them since they poached Jbara though.
I don't watch COL broadcast anymore. They're so so so so so bad.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Jbara > Gardner

FSD should've given her whatever she wanted to stay. Jbara + Carley Johnston could've kept my eyes glued to the TV during this rebuild. :laugh:

I actually didn't know about Jbara until that NHLN commercial. Then I found out she came from Detroit... I haven't been that disappointed since Ken Holland traded McCarty.

Reactions: Super Hans

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Mildly sad that old color guy from detroit retired or whatever. This new guy the wings have is just so, so embarrassingly bad. He's so dimwitted.

Mick is still around, he just doesn’t do many road trips anymore. Going to be a sad day when he hangs them up... I hope we are good again before that day

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I don't watch COL broadcast anymore. They're so so so so so bad.

As an avs fan i can only confirm this. They're really bad.

I saw that clip from awhile ago, I think against Columbus, where they call out the game winner like they should be on suicide watch...

... I thought it was a one time thing and then I listened to them more. You can be a homer announcer and still make the game exciting when both teams score. They're brutal.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I saw that clip from awhile ago, I think against Columbus, where they call out the game winner like they should be on suicide watch...

... I thought it was a one time thing and then I listened to them more. You can be a homer announcer and still make the game exciting when both teams score. They're brutal.
That call was actually Mike Haynes who has since retired.

Our new guy is Marc Moser and he's somehow worse.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The Marc Moser drinking game-

Version 1: A Good Buzz
  • Drink every time Marc Moser says “Holding and looking” ** Must finish your drink if said player scores after the aforementioned hold and or look.
Version 2: Hammered Drunk

Drink every time Marc Moser says “Holding and looking” ** Must finish your drink if said player scores after the aforementioned hold and or look.
  • Drink every time Marc Moser says “coughs it up”
    Finish your drink anytime Marc Moser calls out the wrong player by either name or # and never corrects himself.

Reactions: The Merchant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad