HFB 2013 Prospect rankings: Vote on which borderline prospects should be included

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
w/improved poll

To get the ranking and the polls started asap let's vote on each of the following players whether to include them in our rankings or not:

Group A:
Brett Connolly (21 years old, 73 career NHL games)
Alex Killorn (23 years old, 38 career NHL games)
Radko Gudas (23 years old, 22 career NHL games)
Riku Helenius (25 years old, 1 career NHL game)

Group B:
Matt Taormina (26 years old, 49 career NHL games)
Pierre-Cedrick Labrie (26 years old, 33 career NHL games)
Cedrick Desjardins (27 years old, 5 career NHL games)
Mike Angelidis (28 years old, 7 career NHL games)

Group C:
Philip-Michael Pinard-Devos (23 years old, 0 career NHL games)
Maxime Langelier-Parent (25 years old, 0 career NHL games)

A: Obviously, Connolly has played in a lot of NHL games because we couldn't send him to the AHL in his first year with the Lightning. If 2012-13 was a 82 game season Killorn and Gudas would've probably played until the end of the season and are widely considered locks for the NHL roster. Helenius is just one year too old to meet HF's and BP's criteria of eligibility.

B: According to HF's and BP's criteria all the players in Group B are too old to be still considered "prospects". They have played most parts of their careers in the AHL.

C: Devos and Langelier-Parent do not have a contract with the Lightning. Instead they're signed to the Crunch / Everblades but have attended our development camp (Langelier this year, Devos last year) and - much like Labrie - could get a deal with the Bolts eventually.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Group A.

Would rather not include Helenius, though. Killorn, Gudas and Connolly should most certainly be involved. Would make it look much nicer.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think we should exclude Connolly... I don't think he's a prospect under any definition since he played almost a whole season. Beyond that, I'm for putting Gudas and Killorn in, as while they became regulars at the end of the season, I think they do fit the criteria of prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad