HFAvs Ranks: The Worst Avalanche Player

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Oh I totally forgot about Daniel Tjarnqvist! So unbelievably bad, I went to an Avs/Ducks game during the famed Granato era, he got shoved out there for two shifts and got scored on both times, even nice guy Tony benched his ass. He left for Sweden not long after that and never returned IIRC.

I got a puppy that night so it wasn’t a huge loss. That dog lasted me over 13 years.
Ooh that’s a good one. Completely forgot he existed.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Derek Peltier
Tom Preissing
Borna Rendulic
Dominic Toninato
Michael Vernace

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I won’t count fighters since it’s expected they suck at hockey.

I think Greg Zanon is the worst Avalanche player I have ever watched try to take a consistent shift.

He was a pure abomination; the stinkiest, wettest turd among a pile of shitbiscuits. What a time that was.
Yeah, the fighter point is a good one.

Given that, Joe Colborne was pretty awful. (6'5" though! @Hasbro )

With some props to John Mitchell - in his last Avs season. Those two chumps simply gave up and flat out coasted in Bednar's first year.

Has no one mentioned Shane O'Brien?
He was quite bad also.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
Yeah, the fighter point is a good one.

Given that, Joe Colborne was pretty awful. (6'5" though! @Hasbro )

With some props to John Mitchell - in his last Avs season. Those two chumps simply gave up and flat out coasted in Bednar's first year.

He was quite bad also.
and yet, Zanon >>> Guenin

I will not let Guenin off the hook, that guy made Kyle Cumiskey look like an all-star by comparison.

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
To make my list requires at least 41 games (1/2 season) or 15 starts in net with Avs. I also don't count horrible return stints like Soderberg ver 2.0:

Brandon Yip - Cody McCormick - Scott Parker
Greg Zanon - David Koci
Philippe Sauve (Not enough games but dishonorable mention for Hunter Miska's amazing .838 save percentage)

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
I have no idea how to evaluate who the worst player in Avs history is (I probably blocked the worst out of my memory) but most hated is easy... Brad May. I never forgave Pierre Lacroix for that signing.

Reactions: Sascha

Snow Arc

We have to shout above the din of our RiceCrispies
Aug 14, 2020
Dale Hunter?

I don't think I'm doing this right.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
These guys were better than a lot of Avs who got in a couple of games and didn't stick. There has to be a minimum games played qualifier here. But some bad memories have been stirred by some names here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad