Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll #8

Who is the Avs #8 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The lack of love for Werner here is disappointing. IMO after Foudy he should be the next player in the rankings.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The lack of love for Werner here is disappointing. IMO after Foudy he should be the next player in the rankings.
I think Kovalenko has him beat for being so projectable to the NHL, but IMO Werner should be next after him. The flash he showed in Winnipeg is promising, even if it's only a flash. Making his NHL debut and pitching a shutout should bump him up the rankings at least a little bit.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I think Kovalenko has him beat for being so projectable to the NHL, but IMO Werner should be next after him. The flash he showed in Winnipeg is promising, even if it's only a flash. Making his NHL debut and pitching a shutout should bump him up the rankings at least a little bit.
I really like Kovy. He has a pretty high floor but his ceiling is 2nd line and IMO I'm generous here.

IMO Werner's ceiling is still of an NHL starter. I keep coming back to his difference in stats on games with at least one day of rest versus his games on B2B meaning no rest between games. They were night and day. With at least a day of rest he was one of the best goalie in the NHL. And as you said he had that game in Winnipeg where he had a shutout (very very small sample obviously). Maybe it is a conditioning issue or maybe a lack of focus when he gets a little tired, I don't know. However if he can fix that problem he could get himself a really good career.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Foudy. I would rank Helleson next due to limited RHD options. Not much hope with the remainder of the choices.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
But that Edmonton game happened, which the team totally hung him out to dry in but the Avs have done everything in their power after that to not play him. I don’t think the Avs take Werner serious as a NHL option and I’m not sure if they are even comfortable with him as their #3 at this point. He’s in this general tier but I’m not voting for him before Kovy and Ranta.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad