Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll 2022 #9

Who is the Avs #9 Prospect?

• RW - Nikolai Kovalenko - 2018 #171 - (14)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D - Nick Leivermann - 2017 #187 - (21)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Colby Ambrosio jumps six spots in the rankings after his sophomore season at Boston College.

1) Sean Behrens - D
2) Oskar Olausson - RW
3) Ben Meyers - C
4) Justus Annunen - G
5) Jean-Luc Foudy - C
6) Martin Kaut - RW
7) Sampo Ranta - LW
8) Colby Ambrosio - C

Added Nikolai Kovalenko and Nick Leivermann to the polls. From now on we will go back to adding one prospect per round until we run out of prospects.

Remaining prospects to be added:

Nate Clurman
Trent Miner
Shamil Shmakov
Tyler Weiss

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
After Beaucage and Stienburg, who in bloody hell are these people?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Close call here, but it's Stienburg for me. I've liked him ever since I saw him at dev camp, I think he has an outside chance to be a homegrown bottom sixer, he popped some skill in college this year despite losing an entire season to a broken leg.

Runner up was Zhuravlyov, it will be interesting to see what kind of season he has in North America after playing pro in Russia for a few years.

Add Clurman I guess. Down to the dregs of the pool at this point, but Clurman at least has a chance to be a solid AHL asset for a while.

Reactions: Zandar

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Close call here, but it's Stienburg for me. I've liked him ever since I saw him at dev camp, I think he has an outside chance to be a homegrown bottom sixer, he popped some skill in college this year despite losing an entire season to a broken leg.

Runner up was Zhuravlyov, it will be interesting to see what kind of season he has in North America after playing pro in Russia for a few years.

Add Clurman I guess. Down to the dregs of the pool at this point, but Clurman at least has a chance to be a solid AHL asset for a while.
Just like you I went with Stienburg and next will be Zhu as well.

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
Hey guys! Just curious about what the hopes/ expectations are for this Steinberg fella?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Play in the AHL and hope to get a look is pretty much it.

I'm going Beaucage here, he held his own in the AHL, miraculously didn’t get sent to Utah and was in the lineup in the playoffs over Bowers and Ranta who got healthy scratched. He was actually good defensively, led the team in +/- at one point (I know, I know but we don’t have real analytics). His skating has improved and he still has a great shot. Obviously hoping the offense begins to show back up but it was an encouraging start while the rest are basically hopes and prayers.

add Miner, I know he’s written off but he actually looked better than Annunen at points.

Reactions: Vaslof

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Hey guys! Just curious about what the hopes/ expectations are for this Steinberg fella?
Like I said above, I'm hoping for a homegrown bottom sixer with a little bit of skill at the NHL level. He plays a pretty pro-style game, finishes his checks and does a lot of the little things that endear players to coaches. I think he has an outside shot to make it someday, but he's got some ways to go before that really comes to pass.

He missed an entire season the year before last after breaking his leg in preseason, so he slipped down our rankings, but he'll get a well-deserved bounceback after going PPG in college this season. We'll see how his senior season goes points wise, he does seem to have some skill there that I'm hoping will translate to the pros.

Reactions: HughJazz3dg

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Play in the AHL and hope to get a look is pretty much it.

I'm going Beaucage here, he held his own in the AHL, miraculously didn’t get sent to Utah and was in the lineup in the playoffs over Bowers and Ranta who got healthy scratched. He was actually good defensively, led the team in +/- at one point (I know, I know but we don’t have real analytics). His skating has improved and he still has a great shot. Obviously hoping the offense begins to show back up but it was an encouraging start while the rest are basically hopes and prayers.

add Miner, I know he’s written off but he actually looked better than Annunen at points.
I wouldn’t say Beaucage’s skating has improved much… there really isn’t anything about that looks remotely NHL level… he’s got a NHL shot and that’s really about it.

Stieny for me here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad