Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll 2021 #6

Who is the Avs #6 Prospect?

• C - Colby Ambrosio - 2020 #118 - (14)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C - Shane Bowers - 2017 #28 (TR) - (7)

• RW - Alex Beaucage - 2019 #78 - (13)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Martin Kaut wins a narrow victory to stay in the top 5, but drops two spots from last year.

1) Bowen Byram
2) Alex Newhook
3) Justin Barron
4) Oskar Olausson
5) Martin Kaut

Added Shane Bowers and Alex Beaucage. We have one more round of adding two players, then we'll go back to one per poll.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Ranta

Add Kovalenko and Buyalski

NHL readiness is a factor here, but Ranta had a huge year last year in a tough league. He's still only 21 for the entire upcoming season, which is pretty young for a guy with three years of NCAA hockey under his belt. Ceiling might be limited, but his floor is pretty high at this point, and he seems very likely to be a consistent 3rd-line player in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rumplesnipeskin

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Had to watch some YouTube to check on these guys.

Annunen clear #1 for me despite lower stats last season. Kärpät was a mess, glad he is coming over.
Next for me is Ranta #finnbias?
Beaucage shot is amazing but he's only coming to AHL this season, we'll see if he can keep up. Very high potential.
Helleson's speed from standing start was impressive, hard to say if he can defend, but if he can he'll be good. Big guy too.

Add Wingerli, I'd place him here.

I'll look at the rest again later, but wasn't impressed by anyone else as of now.
Ambrosio looked like a sure miss to me. Smol boi with nothing to make up for it.
Maltsev is not good enough for top six and not a fit from bottom six so I don't think he'll stick in the NHL.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Helleson. He and Behrens have middle pairing potential, these other forwards are all bottom 6ers.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Foudy or Helleson, but I am more of a believer in Foudy's offence taking the next level than I am of Helleson being a two-way defender instead of a shutdown lad.

Add Zhuravlyov.

Reactions: Rumplesnipeskin

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I can’t tell if having ~4 options at this point in our prospect pool is a good or bad thing.

Went with Helleson, with Foudy and Ranta close behind.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Why would you not vote Sampo at this point? He was named All-American, scored the most goals in the NCAA outside of Caufield, was .5 PPG in the AHL and played in the second round of the NHL playoffs. Nobody had a better season than him that’s left on this poll.

Personally, I have a hard time seeing Ranta becoming more than a good third line winger. Where as Helleson, Foudy and Behrens all have potential to play higher up or in a more important position. Based on world junior showings I think Helleson was much more impressive than Barron and with him Barron transitioned to the AHL it gives me hope that Helleson will have similar success. Couple that with Helleson taking a bigger jump in year 2 versus Sampo and as previously mentioned my view of top potential, I have a hard time putting Ranta ahead of DH.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Why would you not vote Sampo at this point? He was named All-American, scored the most goals in the NCAA outside of Caufield, was .5 PPG in the AHL and played in the second round of the NHL playoffs. Nobody had a better season than him that’s left on this poll.
This ^^^

Reactions: Bonzai12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad