Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Oskar Olausson debuts at the #4 spot after being drafted in the first round.

1) Bowen Byram
2) Alex Newhook
3) Justin Barron
4) Oskar Olausson

Added Colby Ambrosio and Mikhail Maltsev.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm going with Foudy now. Really like his upside, and his season as a pro in Loveland really boosted his stock in my eyes. He's a little ways away still, but he's as close to a surefire NHLer that you can get in this tier, IMO.

Kaut is close but I think the coaching staff just doesn't care for him very much. He NEEDS to break into the NHL next season, the earlier the better.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Helleson again for the same reasons as last time. Strong WJC as USA's top shutdown Dman, and is easy to project to an NHL role due to his size, skating, and overall solid game. Admittedly there are guys with higher ceilings like Behrens and Foudy, but I'll stick with Helleson as he's closer to NHL ready. I wouldn't argue with anyone voting for any of Kaut/Ranta/Foudy/Behrens here as a pretty good case can be made for any of them at 5.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Helleson again for the same reasons as last time. Strong WJC as USA's top shutdown Dman, and is easy to project to an NHL role due to his size, skating, and overall solid game. Admittedly there are guys with higher ceilings like Behrens and Foudy, but I'll stick with Helleson as he's closer to NHL ready. I wouldn't argue with anyone voting for any of Kaut/Ranta/Foudy/Behrens here as a pretty good case can be made for any of them at 5.

I’m in the same boat, I believe Helleson is the correct pick at #5 as I think his passing ability combined with his ability to skate and play defense make him almost the perfect RHD behind Makar. He saw a substantial jump in points last year that imo suggests he won’t be an absolute black hole offensively. I think he has higher upside than Kaut and Ranta, who I think both have a high chance of making it as NHL players in some capacity.

Reactions: Richard88

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I’m going Ranta again. The fact they were willing to play him in the NHL so quickly gives him the opportunity nod plus the upside. Foudy had a great season and Kaut could be a regular NHL player tomorrow are the other two I’d consider here.

Helleson doesn’t have the upside nor the production to put him above pros including two guys who have played in the NHL.

Add Bowers and Kovalenko

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
1203562262.jpg.0.jpg

Add ABC and Bowers

Reactions: Pokecheque

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Helleson. I almost went with him last time, but I feel the upside is a lower than OO.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Behrens... highest upside left and I think he'll be a NHL player.

Add Bowers and Leivermann
Leivermann, there's an interesting nomination at this stage. I take it that you see some potential in him?

Last edited:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I’m going Ranta again. The fact they were willing to play him in the NHL so quickly gives him the opportunity nod plus the upside. Foudy had a great season and Kaut could be a regular NHL player tomorrow are the other two I’d consider here.

Helleson doesn’t have the upside nor the production to put him above pros including two guys who have played in the NHL.

Add Bowers and Kovalenko

Tiger’s convinced me of Ranta too. The org obviously believes he can and will contribute. You don’t put a fringe NHLer into a tough playoff series like Vegas. The other guys at this point are maybes.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
For me, add Beaucage and Wingerli. Like Maltsev, Wingerli counts for one season as a prospect.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Leivermann, there's an interesting nomination at this stage. I take it that you see some potential in him?

I like the kid... he's got skill and he's a worker. Not sure if his size/skating combo will be enough to actually make the NHL. I'll probably cycle around nominating guys like him, Weiss, Wingerli, Booya, and Zhura. All long shots, but each have things I like about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad