Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll 2021 #22

Who is the Avs #22 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Nick Leivermann lands at #21 after an impressive junior season at Notre Dame.

1) Bowen Byram
2) Alex Newhook
3) Justin Barron
4) Oskar Olausson
5) Martin Kaut
6) Drew Helleson
7) Jean-Luc Foudy
8) Sampo Ranta
9) Sean Behrens
10) Justus Annunen
11) Mikhail Maltsev
12) Shane Bowers
13) Colby Ambrosio
14) Nikolai Kovalenko
15) Alex Beaucage
16) Daniil Zhuravlyov
17) Andreas Wingerli
18) Andrei Buyalski
19) Trent Miner
20) Tyler Weiss
21) Nick Leivermann

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm going with Clurman here. He has an ELC and will likely be an important part of the Eagles, that counts for something in this range.

I'm a defender of the Stienburg pick, but after missing the entire season with a broken leg he needs to do something next year to bounce back in college. As for Makar, I don't see much there, really, that seems like a novelty pick to me. Both of them should go before we get to 25, but I'm sticking to Clurman.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Makar has some talent, he’s not just a plug and some of his moves are very reminiscent of his bro. I think he’s got the most upside of those who are left. Usually I’d be on board with the Clurman is at least a pro but there’s just no upside there.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I understand the completist approach to ranking prospects but did we ever get someone rated after 15 do something noteworthy?

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
Was just looking over some of the news from the camp and was reminded of the Mutala. What was the reason he wasn't among the choices? Thinking he might have made the list a pick or two ago.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I understand the completist approach to ranking prospects but did we ever get someone rated after 15 do something noteworthy?

In 2015 we had Will Butcher at #16.

We also had Anton Lindholm at #27 that year and both guys I would say did something noteworthy. Butcher in particular is a legit NHL Dman. Not a great one but a decent 5/6 sort.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
All these guys here are long shots, but every once in a while, a long shot makes it. We're still not yet in the range where I see zero chance of any upside. Vanishingly small chances, sure, but I can see it with a few of the guys who are left.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
In 2015 we had Will Butcher at #16.

We also had Anton Lindholm at #27 that year and both guys I would say did something noteworthy. Butcher in particular is a legit NHL Dman. Not a great one but a decent 5/6 sort.
Thanks for the feedback.

No thanks for reminding me of Lindholm.:sarcasm:

Reactions: ljb4

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
He was out of left field for sure. We need more of that. Did HFboards Avs do these prospect list back in the day?
Sure did.

He wasn’t a top 50 league prospect heading into his rookie season.

I do think there’s a forward or two that will make the big team from the non 1st round picks.

Reactions: shadow1

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm going with Clurman here. He has an ELC and will likely be an important part of the Eagles, that counts for something in this range.

I'm a defender of the Stienburg pick, but after missing the entire season with a broken leg he needs to do something next year to bounce back in college. As for Makar, I don't see much there, really, that seems like a novelty pick to me. Both of them should go before we get to 25, but I'm sticking to Clurman.
upload_2021-9-13_8-49-52.png

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is everyone just voting Steinburg because he's at the top of the poll options?

I get it... I think he has the highest upside of those left. He should have a solid season this year and has an outside chance at 25+ points and a top 6 role at Cornell. If he does that, he should jump up a lot next season. I went with Clurman as I think there is value in him being an AHL guy for a while.

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I get it... I think he has the highest upside of those left. He should have a solid season this year and has an outside chance at 25+ points and a top 6 role at Cornell. If he does that, he should jump up a lot next season. I went with Clurman as I think there is value in him being an AHL guy for a while.
It was close for me. I think he has a slight chance of NHL upside, which would put him ahead of Clurman in that regard, but the lost season, albeit not his fault, definitely hurt him, especially because he was a guy who needed to work on his skill to have a chance.

We might be heading for another tie here, it looks like. Second time this year.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Is everyone just voting Steinburg because he's at the top of the poll options?
I voted for Stienburg as he has more of a chance than Clurman of making the NHL at some point (however small that chance is), given that we're thin on forwards who play a heavy/gritty game.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
For me it was very close between Clurman and him. I just thought he had a bit more upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad