Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll 2021 #22 - Tiebreaker Round

Who is the Avs #22 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
We have a tie for 22nd, so once again we're going to do a tiebreaker round. 24 hours, two prospects, and if there's another tie the tiebreaker will go to the prospect added first. Stienburg versus Clurman, get your votes in!

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Still going with Clurman here. It's a small margin, but like I said in the other thread, Clurman will at least be a fixture in our AHL system for a while, that counts for something.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Clurman might be a career AHL player, but easily the better prospect.

Steinburg was a garbage selection. Surprised the vote was this close. Hoping to be packaged in a trade or finish college unsigned without a hockey future.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Steinburg was a garbage selection.
Just because he was a rubbish selection doesn't mean he's useless. It's the same argument where a player can be both good and overrated at the same time. I voted Stienburg here because I am more of a believer in his offensive game in being a PPG than anything Clurman has shown to be a 10 point defender in the NHL. I mean hell...O'Byrne was able to score seven goals one season in the NCAA. Clurman's high was four and six less points when both were the same age.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I’m going Clurman here, the pro argument wins between the two.

Stienburg has a chance at a contract because of the nepotism ties so I’m not ruling out they’ll find some way to get him in the AHL in a few years. I think he’s a good kid, hard worker, he’s likable, I do understand the need for some physicality, I think he’s fairly intelligent, can play center and is a decent skater for his size. But the skill level is so so low, I just think it’s a deal breaker. I wish he wouldn’t chase hits so much either, he knows it’s his calling card but all he does is hit late. I actually was so desperate for something to watch last fall I saw a fair bit of his BCHL preseason and when he got hurt. We’ll see how it goes in college.

Reactions: Patagonia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad