Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll 2021 #15

Who is the Avs #15 Prospect?

• D - Nick Leivermann - 2017 #187 - (20)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C - Matthew Stienburg - 2019 #63 - (17)

• G - Trent Miner - 2019 #202 - (Unranked)

• D - Nate Clurman - 2016 #161 - (22)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Two recent junior names that really come to mind when watching Beaucage, Kirill Maximov and Justin Brazeau. Big guys, volume shooters, elite shots, but limited skating. I'd say Beaucage is a spitting image of Brazeau.
Haha I know Brazzer! He had a great overage season in the O by the look of it but nowhere near Beaucage in his last two teenage seasons. No idea who that Maximov guy is but great name. Impressive goal totals but again don’t mirror Beaucage.

Im sure there are definitely examples out there. But I’d bet there are more examples of guys who were successful following seasons of those goal totals as a teenager than guys who failed.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Haha I know Brazzer! He had a great overage season in the O by the look of it but nowhere near Beaucage in his last two teenage seasons. No idea who that Maximov guy is but great name. Impressive goal totals but again don’t mirror Beaucage.

Im sure there are definitely examples out there. But I’d bet there are more examples of guys who were successful following seasons of those goal totals as a teenager than guys who failed.

He tore up the ECHL out there a couple years ago! In his draft year he was mainly a bottom 6 guy until late in the season then he took off. He was one of the best scorers in the OHL once he got in that role. There was a point where he had like 15 goals in 21 games or something like that. In a top line role the next couple seasons he was great. My thoughts are really not on the scoring or stats of each though, it is their games and how they work as they progress levels. Big bodies, great hands, good shots (Beaucage's is better)... that just don't skate well and can't play with pace. Maximov was really the same thing. He had some speed once he got 4-5 steps into a rush, but his skating was rather meh to poor with an amazing shot (more physicality than both).

Beaucage has a legit NHL weapon in his shot. He's got decent enough hands to handle the puck in the pros. Pace (not skating but mentality), physicality, and IQ are going to have to really crank up for him to make up for his skating. Not impossible, I just haven't seen many guys with his level of skating combined with lack of physicality make it in the NHL over the past 5-6 years. In 2002 he would have carved out a role. Here I have a hard time seeing it, especially with how the Avs play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad