Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll 2021 #11

Who is the Avs #11 Prospect?

• D - Nick Leivermann - 2017 #187 - (20)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Justus Annunen falls four spots, but remains inside the top ten as the top goaltender in the pool.

1) Bowen Byram
2) Alex Newhook
3) Justin Barron
4) Oskar Olausson
5) Martin Kaut
6) Drew Helleson
7) Jean-Luc Foudy
8) Sampo Ranta
9) Sean Behrens
10) Justus Annunen

Added Nick Leivermann. Don't forget to vote for who to add next in the comments!

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's time for Maltsev. He's difficult to rank due to his age and NHL readiness, but I think he slots in next.

Add Stienburg. I know it's an unpopular pick, and he had a big setback this last season with the broken leg, but at this point why not?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bowers. He can probably come in right now and do what Maltsev did for NJ but he won't get the chance.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Ambrosio again. Once more he is the one with the most potential in this list.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Ambrosio again. Once more he is the one with the most potential in this list.
I'd say that of the players left Beaucage probably has the most pure potential. The chances of him reaching that potential are really slim though due to his poor skating.

I also think Buyalski has a high ceiling for what he could become on the back of his wonderful skating, but again the chances of him reaching his ceiling are small.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Add Makar... he's 100% getting signed after he's done with college

upload_2021-8-23_9-19-23.gif

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
It's time for Maltsev. He's difficult to rank due to his age and NHL readiness, but I think he slots in next.

Add Stienburg. I know it's an unpopular pick, and he had a big setback this last season with the broken leg, but at this point why not?
Steinberg was a nepotism pick. He’s not even top 20 prospect for the Avs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Steinberg was a nepotism pick. He’s not even top 20 prospect for the Avs.

People get too tied up in a connection... the hockey world is pretty small, nepotism can be found everywhere. On the top 20 part, yeah he isn't, but adding him here would put him in the 20-22 range. We are on vote 11 with 10 options already. I'd say Makar and Clurman should be ahead, but we are simply running out of names.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'd say that of the players left Beaucage probably has the most pure potential. The chances of him reaching that potential are really slim though due to his poor skating.

I also think Buyalski has a high ceiling for what he could become on the back of his wonderful skating, but again the chances of him reaching his ceiling are small.
The only thing Beaucage has on Ambrosio is scoring. Unless he improves his skating quite a bit that alone might keep him out of the NHL. You could argue that Ambrosio's size alone might keep him out of the NHL as well but there are more and more smaller players making it as long as they have great skating and skills while there are less and less very slow players making it.

Reactions: Richard88

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Curious to see what Ambrosio does in his second season at BC.

I’m really hoping to see one of the depth forward prospects have a big year. A surprise season from Beaucage, or Ranta having a great year would be encouraging.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad