4|Pierre-Luc Dubois|LW|Cape Breton|NA 1|Ballot|
[/table]​

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Little change of plans here, the ballot for #5 was so close that I figured we needed a poll for it. The top 4 were pretty clear cut. I only included those who got votes on in the ballot thread but subsequent polls will have many more options. If you've like to see someone included feel free to suggest but there's really no need if your suggestion is someone in the next logical 8-10 or so to add. We'll do around 2 days for each poll depending on how things are going, if there's an early consensus or a lot of votes come in we can move through these faster. I'm taking positions from the Central Scouting list, so don't yell at me if they are not accurate.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Got to go with Chychrun and his #1, franchise Dman potential. And it's not like he is a boom or bust project. He has a high floor as well.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Got to go with Chychrun and his #1, franchise Dman potential. And it's not like he is a boom or bust project. He has a high floor as well.

This is a very important point. I said it before but Chychurn is very similar to EKblad the year before his draft year. Ekblad obviously grew into a much better player in his draft year but was still a very complete near NHL ready player the year prior. Chychurn will be a solid NHL'er within a couple of years. He may or may not turn into a lot more but he will definitely be solid.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think Juolevi has a pretty high floor as well, but Chych has legit #1 potential. He might be the only one in the draft with that sort of ceiling. The microscope has just been so dialed in on him. I remember people saying they he had everything but the offense early in the season, and then in the second half saying he had too many lapses defensively and was more about offense... the kid couldn't win. Classic case of overexposure. He probably could play in the NHL next year, but I'd rather he went back for a season.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Exactly. Chychrun has that "legit" potential. Freakish physical attributes, highly skilled, and smart defensively.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I changed my vote. I still maintain that in my viewings, Nylander has been the most impressive of that bunch. But on further reflection, I see his potential being very similar to Chychrun's...solid to stud #1. But at an easier position.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
5 is tough for me if Dubois is gone. I'm not especially in love with Tkachuk and I don't think any of the D are top 5 worthy. It's more hope and hype on those guys to get them that high.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Chychrun. Even though I agree with TV, Chychrun does have all the tools, but he's not someone you'd be ecstatic to grab at #5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad