26|Lucas Johansen|D|Kelowna|NA 26| BOB 28|25.00%

27|Dennis Cholowski|D|Chilliwack|NA 23| BOB 25|26.41%

28|Frederic Allard|D|Chicoutimi|NA 32| BOB n/a|21.05%

29|Vitalii Abramov|RW|Gatineau|NA 29| BOB 51|27.78%
[/table]​

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
I don't even know who to vote because I've been voting Abramov for so long :laugh:

Went with Asplund

Ballot:
Howden
Bitten
Bastian
Dineen
Fox
Dahlen
Steel
Thompson
Clague
Girard

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
A bunch of boring if not safe picks here like Hajek and Bastian and Howden but I go with Bitten or Dahlen or possibly Katchouk for upside.

Btw, here's some scouting reports on Bitten from various sources, I just wanna add that he has the same point totals as highly rated Mikey McLeod while having 17 more points than the next forward on his team and scoring 80% of his goals from ES.

-Feisty sparkplug with superior vision who’s dealt with a ton of adversity while serving as Flint’s captain and leader during its chaotic inaugural OHL season. To say Bitten carries his team is an understatement; he’s scored 30 goals on the team who averages under three goals a game. But there’s more to his game than offense, as he’s used in all situations and serves as Flint’s top option for both the power play and the penalty kill. Bitten is somewhat undersized, but he has tremendous balance and escapability. He is a very good skater with excellent breakaway speed, and can beat defenders to the outside or turn them inside-out thanks to a variety of on-the-go jukes and fakes. He’s a disciplined solider who follows instruction, always willing to dial down his role in order to do what’s best of the team. Bitten knows what to do with the puck, owning a soft set of hands and excellent hand-eye coordination. He’s one of the draft’s best at making something out of nothing, and we think he’d be one of the circuit’s top scorers had he had more finishers to work with.

-Lightweight speedster who is strong in his carries. His low center of gravity makes him hard to tag. Can score. Has soft, quick mitts and good IQ in the attack zone. Works hard and long on the forecheck, his size not an impediment. His set of gears and good anticipation yield many opportunities and the fact that he plays fearless in the dirty areas only makes opponents respect him more. Is committed and good with the biscuit in his own end. Doesn’t possess a big frame and is going to need weight room development to up the odds of his chances to make it. But you have to see his grit, desire and persistence as qualities that he can use to climb the rungs.

-Captaining a poor team in a bad situation as a 17-year-old, Will Bitten has been a driving force for the Flint Firebirds in the 2015-16 season despite his smaller stature. Used in all situations, Bitten’s stats might not show all of the skill and heart the young man brings to the table as he was leaned on very heavily this past year to play in every situation. With exceptional playmaking ability, saucer passes, and elite on-ice vision, many of Bitten’s best plays didn’t result in goals due to the below average team around him. A sneakily quick skater with excellent lateral mobility and shiftiness, Bitten likes to dance around defenders and find open lanes before releasing his quick wrist shot. Able to deke goalies with little or no space, Bitten’s hands are some of the best in this draft class, but questions about his future will remain for now because of his slight build.

-Bitten is a charged, high octane, offense generator who would have done unthinkable things with actual talent around him. His skating is turbo charged; he may have led the league in breakaways and penalty shots from breakaways – that’s how ridiculously fast he was. He’s an efficient handler who doesn’t overthink things and nails the right movements at Mach speed.

-“Turbo charged, Fabbri type of scoring leader who does whatever it takes to make a positive impact on his shifts. Two way, and is undersold offensively. Lethal and unremitting in open ice, off the rush, and on the breakaway with the hands to finish or seek others.”

-"Nobody buzzes around a sheet of ice as erratically – yet effectively – as Bitten. If he doesn’t beat you to the puck the first time, he’ll beat you to the puck the second and third time. He’s got ample skill too, and beat defenders wide or finish around the net. The road hasn’t been easy either – Flint didn’t exactly impress in its first year as an OHL market – but Bitten has been outstanding every step of the way on and off the ice."

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
30- Bitten
31- Lindgren
32- Hajek
33- Morrison
34- Asplund
35- Howden
36- Gundstrom
37- Bastian
38- Niemelainen
39- Fox
40- Kuokkanen

Last edited:

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
My entire list 31-40 will be Stanley. Gonna laugh my butt off when he goes early twenties and some of the guys on this list are still on the board in the forties.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My entire list 31-40 will be Stanley. Gonna laugh my butt off when he goes early twenties and some of the guys on this list are still on the board in the forties.

I think there is a good chance he goes in the teens, but that isn't the time to laugh. 5 years from now will determine who laughs.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
I think there is a good chance he goes in the teens, but that isn't the time to laugh. 5 years from now will determine who laughs.

Exactly, I had very little doubt he goes in the 20's, doesn't mean it's a good pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad