HFAvs 2016 Draft Board 1-4

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Figured we should get our collective draft list going and see if we can come up with our own list of 30 for the draft. In order to keep interest up, I do not want to drag it out with 30 different polls. So for the top 5 I just want responses in ballot form, 1-5. I'll tally them up after a couple days and then start the polls for #6. My goal is to keep the polls going a new one every few days until we get to #20 or so as long as interest is up. Then after that do another ballot to round out our top 30.

Right now I want your ballot for the top 5. Mine is:

1. Matthews
2. Laine
3. Puljujarvi
4. Dubois
5. Tkachuk

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Matthews
Puljujarvi (I like his overall game more)
Laine
Dubois
Chychrun (best #1 potential)

Good cut off. I'm seeing these 5 guys as the potential superstar/franchise players. Everyone else is more of the star (think Duchene level) caliber IMO.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
1. Matthews - Future #1C and probably a damn good one. Easy #1 pick
2. Laine - If he played center, he'd contend for the top spot.
3. Dubois - I think he edges out Puljujarvi by a hair. Love the versatility and top-end two way play. He should be a real good two way player in the NHL, the question is ultimate offensive upside.
4. Puljujarvi - Him being at 4 is more about Dubois than anything about his game.
5. Chychrun - Best defensemen in this draft. The microscope was cranked to 11 so people are zeroing in on every little fault. He is a long-term injury concern though...

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
1. Matthews
2. Puljujarvi
3. Laine
4. Dubois
5. Tkachuk

I was between Chychrun and Tkachuk at 5. Chychrun can be more than Tkachuk but things need to go right for him and he needs to elevate how he thinks the game which is not always easy to do.

Last edited:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
1. Matthews - Future #1C and probably a damn good one. Easy #1 pick
2. Laine - If he played center, he'd contend for the top spot.
3. Dubois - I think he edges out Puljujarvi by a hair. Love the versatility and top-end two way play. He should be a real good two way player in the NHL, the question is ultimate offensive upside.
4. Puljujarvi - Him being at 4 is more about Dubois than anything about his game.
5. Chychrun - Best defensemen in this draft. The microscope was cranked to 11 so people are zeroing in on every little fault. He is a long-term injury concern though...

Can I just say "x2" because this is pretty much what I think.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
1. Matthews
2. Laine
3. Puljujärvi
4. Dubois
5. Tkachuk

Somehow I'm not sure how to place Puljujärvi. I'll go with the standard top-5 though. I feel like if I knew more about Dubois he might contend for #3.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Going purely with my gut and mostly no knowledge outside of these boards.

1. Laine
2. Matthews
3. Puljujarvi
4. Dubois
5. Juolevi

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
To be honest, I'm not sure if Laine gets ahead of Matthews but I'm gonna put it up in the air cause it is possible and I like some variance
1. TOR Laine
2. WPG Matthews
3. CBJ Puljujärvi
4. EDM Chychrun
5. VAN Tkachuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad